Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: An increasing number of Toyotas are experiencing excessive oil consumption and the 2007 Camry seems to be leading the charge.

Owners are reporting that their engines are deprived of oil halfway through their maintenance schedules and in some cases the damage is so bad that entirely new engines need to be installed, paid out of pocket. The issue may be a result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.

Toyota has issued a TSB for this problem, but maintains their stance that vehicles equipped with a 2AZ-FE engine are burning through a “normal” amount of oil.

2007 Toyota Camry accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Toyota Camry:

2007 Toyota Camry Owner Comments (Page 2 of 8)

Jul 012015

I was driving at a low rate of speed and while driving my visor on my driver side snapped off and landed in my lap. It has to completely be replaced. I have only used this visor a few times as needed for sun glairs.

- Riverside, CA, USA

May 052014

Dashboard recal as the title aptly suggests, my Camry's dashboard has melted due to the extreme heat. My windshield has no tint and I sometimes forget to put up the windshield foil cover when I park. The dashboard now feels very sticky and when I leave the car under the sun for a long stretch, I can actually rub off some of the dashboard's rubber coating surface if I touch it. It also has several scratches due to accidental hits from fingernails and such, and a lot of scratches from the bottom of the windshield foil cover (yes, the dashboard is now that soft). I'm afraid to apply anything on it as this might just make its condition worse. My last option is to use a dashboard cover to hide the scratches and prevent the dashboard from getting damaged further. My concerns with this option are: Where do I buy a good/decent-looking dashboard cover for my car? (my dashboard is color black). I'm based in fort buchanan, guaynabo and would this get in the way of the passenger airbag? any other suggestions aside from my idea above, please do not hesitate to express them. Help desperately needed. Thanks jose luis rosado 787-692-6684 today I have attempted in contacting you on the number you provided with a negative result. The number rings and immediately goes into a occupied mode. (877) 855-8377 none responsive.

- Guaynabo, PR, USA

Jul 142015

The driver's side sun visor fell down and had to be removed because it was obstructing my view. I was not driving when this happened and no one was in my vehicle.

- Covington, LA, USA

Jun 232015

I was going to work when the driver side sunvisor flopped down and I had to move it to the side so that I could see. There was never any problem before now. So far the passenger visor stays in an upright position. I will be calling the dealer tomorrow as I have an oil change scheduled for Friday.

- Roseburg, OR, USA

May 202015

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Camry. The contact stated that the rear strut on the passenger side was leaking oil. The failure recurred. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic for diagnostic testing. The mechanic stated that the rear passenger side strut needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The contact also stated that the windshield was making an abnormal squeaking sound while the vehicle was in motion. The failure recurred multiple times. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 59,000.

- Hackensack, NJ, USA

Mar 092015

• 1,661,213 miles
At the first day of warm weather, the sun seemed to melt the dash and cause a glare on the front windshield. It gets so bad that it is impossible to see oncoming traffic. The dash top seems to turn to a sticky, glue substance. This is very dangerous.

- Lenoir, NC, USA

Apr 012011

Camry 4-cyl

Sun visor broke, not able to raise visor completely up or down which which blocks my vision line.

- Mandeville , LA, USA

Jan 012013

Camry 4-cyl

Dashboard is melting and when the sun hits the windshield I can't see the road due to a glare.

- Sugar Land, TX, USA

May 012013

Camry 6-cyl

A "sticky" and cracking dashboard from Florida heat causes a huge glare on the windshield. This makes visibility extremely limited while driving. I have not used any cleaning or polishing products on the dashboard. I am convinced it is just from high temperatures and humidity over time. After noticing the problem I tried to reduce direct sunlight on the dashboard by using windshield covers; however, the dash still remained "sticky" and the covers just simply stuck to the dash. The issue used to only occur when it was hot outside, but now the dash has been "melted" so much so that it has become glossy. Which means even in cooler temperatures the dash reflects any sunlight and causes a glare on the windshield. Again, this issue highly decreases visibility while driving. It is often difficult to perform the easiest maneuvers simply because you cannot see. I have even bought expensive polaroid sunglasses to somewhat reduce the glare, but visibility is still difficult. I am concerned about this issue, because it can easily cause an accident which could have been prevented. Please let me know the best way to handle the situation. Thank you for your help.

- Tarpon Springs, FL, USA

Sep 192014

Melting dashboard.

- Miami, FL, USA

Jan 112015

Camry 4-cyl

The dashboard is literally melting away.there is a horrible sticky, gooey substance that is oozing out of the entire cannot touch or clean it, and when driving in the direct sun, it creates such a reflection on the window that you can hardly see. I have approached Toyota on this issue several times, only to be told that they have never heard of this and that the reason the dashboard is melting is because I live in Texas austin.

- Austin, TX, USA

Mar 052014

Camry 6-cyl

Driver side sun visor unexpectedly falls and obscures line of sight. This happened multiple times and continues to happen. During an internet search regarding this issue, it came to light that Toyota is aware of this safety issue as many customers have had the same complaint. Instead of a safety recall on this, Toyota decided to extend a warranty to 7 years on this issue but did not inform it's customer base about this issue. As luck would have it, I did not discover this warranty extension until 3 months after their warranty extension expired. Toyota is not willing to extend the coverage and feels that they have followed proper procedures. I could not disagree more. I was using my wife's car this weekend, driving on the interstate, making a lane change at 65 mph, when all of the sudden the visor flipped down. My immediate reaction was brakes... and thankfully all was okay. In my opinion, this is a serious safety issue and should be handled as a recall, not as a customer warranty extension.

- Wauconda, IL, USA

Dec 012011

The dashboard on my 2007 Toyota Camry has melted and is very sticky. It is easily damaged just by lightly bumping it. Also, the glare from the dashboard is extremely dangerous. Since I drive to work facing the sun and drive home facing the sun, the commute is very difficult, tiresome, and dangerous. Please advise me how to rectify this problem.

- Honolulu, HI, USA

Dec 022013

When sun comes out the dash board gets shiny and and oily. The reflection of the sun's rays from the oily surface of the dash board makes it difficult to see the road. The visibility is quite reduced and it is dangerous to drive with such poor view of the road in front. When taken to the Toyota dealer in bradenton, fl. He says he has not seen any dash board like that.

- Bradenton, FL, USA

Mar 032014

Camry 6-cyl

Dropping my kid off at school one morning and it was very sunny. We were late that morning so a school attendant closed one side of the gate. The sun was very bright and because my dash is melting, the sun but a glare on the windshield. I was able to see the driver side of the gate was open but I wasn't able to see the passenger side of the gate was closed (large glare on windshield). I was able to make out that there were no children around to process to go through the gate but couldn't confirm that the passenger side of gate was closed. Driver side of gate was open so I never would have thought the other side would be closed. Put a big dint in my car by passenger side front window. I even had sunshades on. Took all percussions other than getting out of car to look. Didn't think it was something mandatory for me to do. I have contacted Toyota several times because of the melting dashboard even before the accident.

- Kokomo , MS, USA

Nov 172014

The dashboard on my Toyota Camry is very sticky and shiny and it reflects a shiny shadow when the sun or night lights hit it. It causes a reflection and it makes it hard to see while driving.

- Boca Raton, FL, USA

Dec 082014

Camry 4-cyl

Dashboard is melting causing glare into front windshield.

- Mebane, NC, USA

Apr 082014

My dashboard was getting sticky, gummy and disintegrating. When the sun shines on it, there is a glare which makes it hard to see. It is not safety to drive.

- Monroe, LA, USA

Nov 012014

Camry 4-cyl

Melts in the sun so.soft a fingernail will damage it with just a simple brush. Cannot clean because of how soft it gets. Creates a glare which causes blindspots.

- Orlando, FL, USA

Nov 032014

My 2007 Toyota Camry has the dashboard all melted. This causes a tremendous amount of glare while driving during the day and you cant see through the windshield. I've looked over the internet aswell as talked with friends and family and this is an ongoing problem with these Camry models. Looks like a manufacture defect that Toyota does not want to replace. Every year I contact them and its the same answer that it is not covered under warranty. Please help !!!

- Miami, FL, USA