Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: An increasing number of Toyotas are experiencing excessive oil consumption and the 2007 Camry seems to be leading the charge.

Owners are reporting that their engines are deprived of oil halfway through their maintenance schedules and in some cases the damage is so bad that entirely new engines need to be installed, paid out of pocket. The issue may be a result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.

Toyota has issued a TSB for this problem, but maintains their stance that vehicles equipped with a 2AZ-FE engine are burning through a “normal” amount of oil.

2007 Toyota Camry accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Toyota Camry:

2007 Toyota Camry Owner Comments (Page 3 of 8)

Aug 072014

The dashboard is melting and peeling. It is sticky and soft. This causes a glare and obstructs my view as well as makes objects stick onto it.

- Tampa, FL, USA

Jul 262014

Camry 4-cyl

The dash is melting, causing a sticky texture that causes a bright glare when the sun shines on it.

- Sanford, FL, USA

Oct 262014

Camry 4-cyl

We just bought this car for my daughter yesterday evening from a Toyota dealer in fl. I saw a shiny blemish on the dashboard up by the left front speaker and the salesman told us the dash was probably damaged by cleaning agents. I realized today after the car was in the sun that the whole dash was soft and sticky like it was melting and was causing a very blinding glare when facing certain directions with the sun. The dash is so shiny that it also reflects on the windshield. The whole dash feels like a fly trap and to me seems very dangerous when driving because of the obstruction of due to glare. I've been reading online and apparently I'm not the only one experiencing this problem with a melting dashboard, nor is it limited to Toyota. It seems to be a manufactured parts defect and should be handled or recalled by the car manufacture.. there also seems to be a smell the hotter it gets in the car and I don't know if its the plastic in the dash or if it could be potentially harmful. Please help. Thank you!

- Saint Cloud, FL, USA

Oct 132014

Camry 4-cyl

When I called Toyota a few weeks ago, they said no one had complained and they couldn't help me. And the Toyota dealership said it could cost up to $3000 to replace. And my windshield and obstructs my view please do something about this the poor quality of the material is the reason for this Toyota should be responsible.

- Austin, TX, USA

Oct 012014

Camry 4-cyl

The driver side visor is broken and hanging down. Toyota extended the warranty on our visors to 7 years from purchase which expired on 4/27/14. The passenger side visor was replaced during the recall but not the driver side.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Jan 012010

Dash board is very sticky, becoming shiny, composition is changing to very soft, easily depressed and indented, and progressively getting worse. Shiny dashboard causes glare to reflect on windshield affecting visibility while driving on sunny days.

- Suffield, CT, USA

Jan 012014

Camry 4-cyl

My dashboard is so sticky that I cant drive my car in the day time with out feeling safe. My dash board has turn into a glue trap for anything that comes in contact with it. I have called Toyota and made a claim and they told me not one person has made a complaint. I find that very hard to believe with all the post and videos on internet of this problem all over the country. Will please someone help, my car is not safe as you cant see in day time out of window.

- Charleston, SC, USA

Oct 012013

Camry 4-cyl

The dashboard on my car is melting, the vehicle has been garage kept since 2011. The dashboard is extremely shiny and sticky and causes a serious glare problem while driving in daylight. I am afraid to operate the vehicle during daylight hours, due to the serious possibility of causing an accident because of the near zero visibility caused by the glare off the dashboard.

- Merritt Island, FL, USA

Sep 272012

Over the course of the past year, the dashboard of my Camry has devolved into a sticky, shiny mess. The surface of most of the dashboard has a gluey texture, with the parts nearest the windshield having completely liquefied. The sticky areas are very shiny, causing glare that covers much of the windshield when driving towards the sun or under streetlights. This glare is very distracting and significantly reduces visibility.

- Houston, TX, USA

Sep 262014

My 2007 Toyota Camry SE has a melted dashboard that severely diminishes visibility when the sun is out. A reflection from the dashboard is displayed on the windshield and is like looking directly into the sun. Sooner or later this is going to be the cause of an accident that may or may not result, but not limited to death. It is a defect on the part of Toyota and should be addressed immediately before someone gets hurt. I have two small children and their lives should not be put in danger for an obvious defect that must be corrected.

- Sunrise, FL, USA

Aug 292013

Camry 4-cyl

The driver side visor broke after putting into use. The broken hinge on the visor does not allow the visor to be moved into a stored position, out of the drivers view.

- Garner, NC, USA

Sep 022014

Camry 4-cyl

Driver side sun visor broke and is hanging loose blocking vision.

- Pearland, TX, USA

Aug 012014

Camry 4-cyl

The dashboard on my vehicle is melting. It's sticky, looks wet, and on some days it actually feels like clay. When the sun is out it's very difficult to see due to the intense glare. There have been many days I try to look at the right side of the road when there's been oncoming traffic like you do when someone is coming at you with their hi-beams on. There have been numerous vehicle safety complaints made concerning this issue but no recalls have been issued. With the amount of people reporting the exact same issue its time for someone to step up and make others with the ability to help do the right thing. This is nonsense.

- Maple Hill, NC, USA

Aug 292014

The top of the dashboard is tacky or sticky and extremely shiny. Sunlight reflects off the surface of the dashboard, creating a glare that obstructs vision. The sticky nature of the dashboard surface makes it difficult to clean. The material is extremely soft and easy to damage.

- Sanford, FL, USA

Sep 012014

Toyota should provide a recall regarding the replacement of a defective and potentially dangerous vehicle dashboard. My car is in excellent condition but for some reason the vehicle has a sticky, melting and dirty dashboard which is impossible to clean because if you touch it vanishes, while cleaning it. Furthermore, when you drive on daylight is extremely difficult to drive with the glare coming from the dashboard, which definitely may cause a horrible accident, increasing the possibility for injury and even death along time.

- San Juan, PR, USA

Aug 162013

My Toyota Camry has a problem with the dashboard. Its melted and is sticky has a very high shine in the sunlight. At times occludes my vision for safe driving and I feel is very unsafe. Obviously it should be a recall before I have an accident. I contacted a dealer when they were doing a marketing survey which specifically asked if our car has dashboard melting issues. When I called they said the dealer would pay for the part (@ $1000) and I would have to pay for the install @ another $1000. That is too much money (which I don't have) and if they are admitting it is a material fault, then they should do a recall and pay 100% before someone gets killed. Can you help? I need your help. I really like my car, but it is dangerous.

- Port St Lucie, FL, USA

Aug 252014

Camry 6-cyl

Car passenger side visor failed and hangs straight down blocking the driver side right hand view. This makes it difficult to see oncoming traffic on the right hand side and forced me to put the car into a dangerous position in the center lane. Fortunately other traffic had slowed to allow to proceed into the flow of traffic. This is the second visor failure for this vehicle - clearly a design/engineering issue. First was covered by warranty replacement.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

May 102010

Camry 4-cyl

The driver-side sun visor mounting mechanism failed causing the visor to dangle and swing freely, obstructing driver's view of the road. The first failure occurred in May 2010 and was replaced, the replacement also failed (as the first visor) in July 2014. The defect in the visor design flaw was never corrected causing it fail repeatedly. Toyota is aware of the problem but does not consider this a safety issue. Toyota also refused to replace the visor the second time stating it was out of warranty. Research on the internet revealed that this a common problem with Camry sun visors.

- Milpitas, CA, USA

Aug 012011

Camry 4-cyl

In my 2007 Toyota Camry, at first (approx. 2011) the dashboard would feel sticky, as if something had spilled on it. However the stickiness could not be cleaned up. It was in fact the material of the dashboard melting. It continues to get worse and spreads across a larger area, to the point that now (2014) the dash cannot be touched without a mark being left in the melted material. It looks wet and is so glossy that the glare is impossible to see through most of the day. This is clearly a manufacturers defect and should be recalled as it is a safety hazard, not just with the blinding glare which impairs vision, but because the passenger airbag is contained inside of the dashboard and the dashboard being melted may affect its deployment.

- Gretna, LA, USA

Jun 012014

Camry 6-cyl

My 2007 Toyota Camry dashboard started to melt this summer. I typically wipe away the dust with a clean microfiber cloth from time to time. I have been unable to do so this entire summer because anything that touches the dashboard sticks to it. It's now getting to the point that it creates a glare on the windshield and can be hard to see on a sunny day. Toyota should recall this and replace it with a dashboard that won't do the same thing. I understand wear and tear but this is ridiculous. I have had many cars and this is the first situation I've come across that I felt needed to be fixed by the company, no matter how old the car is. Toyota told me it had no idea about this being an issue. Clearly from what I've read online, they are in denial. Most reports I've seen online are in Texas and Florida. I'm reporting this issue from St. Louis, mo.

- Saint Peters, MO, USA