CarComplaints.com Notes: An increasing number of Toyotas are experiencing excessive oil consumption and the 2007 Camry seems to be leading the charge.

Owners are reporting that their engines are deprived of oil halfway through their maintenance schedules and in some cases the damage is so bad that entirely new engines need to be installed, paid out of pocket. The issue may be a result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.

Toyota has issued a TSB for this problem, but maintains their stance that vehicles equipped with a 2AZ-FE engine are burning through a “normal” amount of oil.

2007 Toyota Camry accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Toyota Camry:

2007 Toyota Camry Owner Comments (Page 5 of 8)

Jun 022014

Camry

As I was driving down the highway my driver side visor swung down in front of my face, blocking my visibility, and it would not stay up.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

May 132014

Camry

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Camry. The contact stated while driving 70 mph, the vehicle windshield wiper intermittently disengaged. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic. The technician was unable to duplicate the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 85,000.

- West Chester , OH, USA

Aug 012012

Camry

At about this date the left side of the dashboard cover started to get real sticky, like glue was poured on it, and I can't get rid of it. On bright sunny days spots appear on the windshield making it hard to see ahead at times. I need to know why Toyota won't fix this. It's not common for this to happen and I don't feel I should have to pay to have this fixed as I have found others with the same problem.

- Port St Lucie, FL, USA

Apr 012009

Camry

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Camry. The contact stated that the dashboard had an extreme glare and was causing difficulty with visibility while the contact was traveling at any speed. The dashboard also exhibited cracks and was to the point of deterioration. The vehicle was to be inspected, diagnosed and repaired. The VIN was not available. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was not available.

- Cocoa , FL, USA

Sep 102012

Camry 4-cyl

The dashboard of my vehicle has become very sticky and shiny causing a visibility hazard due to the reflection on the windshield. The dealer advised that the only "remedy" is to replace the dashboard since I am unable to even touch the surface to possibly wipe off the shine. Toyota (all vehicle manufacturers for the matter) should be charged with the responsibility of installing materials that do not become a hazard to drivers over time.

- Miramar, FL, USA

Mar 012008

Camry 4-cyl

My dash board is melting and it reflect glares on windshield so bad you can hardly see when sunny outside.

- Pageland, SC, USA

Mar 192014

Camry

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Camry. The contact was driving at an unknown speed when a loud bang was heard. The contact then noticed that the sun roof glass hd become fractured, exposing a large hole in the middle of the roof. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 105,000.

- Manahawkin, NJ, USA

Feb 072014

Camry 6-cyl

The driver side visor does not snap back flush with the roof any more. It continually drops down and reduces my visibility. Makes viewing traffic lights impossible to see.

- The Woodlands, TX, USA

Mar 112014

Camry

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Camry. The contact stated that the driver's side sun visor failed to remain upright. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not contacted about the failure. The failure mileage and VIN was not available.

- 920-284-5968, WI, USA

Jul 012008

Camry 4-cyl

Dashboard is melting. Whenever sun is up, reflection from this melted dashboard on windshield is so bad, you can't even see good.

- Marshville, NC, USA

Jan 232014

Camry 4-cyl

Currently, I own two Toyota and in the past was a loyal customer. I was driving down the road in my 2007 Camry in January and suddenly my sun visor dropped down temporarily blinding me. I tried to get it to go back up, but it kept dropping down while I was in traffic. I had to drive home with one hand holding the visor and the other on the steering wheel. Clearly, as this was a mass produced vehicle, I could not have been the only person with this issue. So, I called the new Toyota of clermont dealership just a few blocks from my home. I asked for the service department. They asked for my VIN number and then informed me that there were two recalls, but nothing that covered the broken visor. I was very surprised as the visor was far more dangerous than either of the other issues. On Friday 2/28/14, I found online that there were a ton of other complaints about the sun visor and that there was a "warranty extension" for 2007 Camry. I took my Camry over to the dealership and was informed by david the service manager that I had missed the "warranty extension" by two weeks. When I told them that they had misled me by telling me that the visor was not covered weeks ago, they informed me that the service receptionist was not trained on warranty extensions, only on recalls. I called the 800-gotoyota line and received no support. First of all Toyota should have made this a recall because it is definitely a passenger safety issue. It literally renders the vehicle undriveable. They used deception in making it a warranty extension. Is this how they maintain a high rating for quality. Is this how the limit the cost of recalls? information redacted pursuant to the Freedom Of Information Act (FOIA), 5 U.S.C. 552(B)(6).

- Oakland, FL, USA

Feb 062014

Camry 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Camry. The contact stated that the rear passenger's side door could not be un-locked. The vehicle was previously repaired under NHTSA campaign id number: 12V491000 (visibility). The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The VIN was not available. The failure mileage was 59,000. Updated 03/31/14 updated 04/09/14

- Plantation , FL, USA

Jan 102014

Camry

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Camry. The contact stated the driver's side sun visor failed to stay in the upright position. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the failure was confirmed. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not contacted about the failure. The failure mileage and VIN was not available.

- Corona, CA, USA

Dec 172009

Camry

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Camry. The contact stated that the driver's side sun visor plastic holder detached from its housing, causing the sun visor to hang abnormally. The vehicle was not taken to a dealer for a diagnostic. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 39,000 and the current mileage was 130,000. The VIN was not available.

- Brusly, LA, USA

Oct 182013

Camry

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Camry. The contact stated that the driver's side sunvisor was fractured. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The VIN was not available. The approximate failure mileage was 90,000.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Dec 082012

Camry

When pulled down to block the sun the visor bracket fell off. The drivers side fell off in December 2012 & the passenger September 27, 2013.

- St. Petersburg, FL, USA

Sep 222013

Camry

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Camry. The contact stated that while driving approximately 70 mph, the entire sun roof detached from the frame and rolled off onto the highway. When the failure occurred the power sun roof was in a closed position. The vehicle was maneuvered to the side of the road when the contact noticed that the frame of the sun roof was completely rusted. The vehicle had not been repaired. The manufacturer was not notified. The approximate failure mileage was 128,000.

- Mattapoisett, MA, USA

Nov 012012

Camry

I noticed the dashboard was becoming tacky. I has gotten steadily worse. I has become shiny near the winshield and is advancing towards the front of the dash. The dashboard appears to be melting.

- Lighthouse Point , FL, USA

Aug 092013

Camry

My driver side sun visor will not stay up. It is making it difficult to drive and I am bumping me head on it. It is very irritating.

- Memphis, TN, USA

Aug 052013

Camry

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Camry. The contact stated while driving approximately 70 mph, the front driver's side sun visor released downwardly and distorted the vision. The sun visor would only remain in the upward position when secured with velcro. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 85,600.

- Benton, LA, USA