CarComplaints.com Notes: An increasing number of Toyotas are experiencing excessive oil consumption and the 2007 Camry seems to be leading the charge.

Owners are reporting that their engines are deprived of oil halfway through their maintenance schedules and in some cases the damage is so bad that entirely new engines need to be installed, paid out of pocket. The issue may be a result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.

Toyota has issued a TSB for this problem, but maintains their stance that vehicles equipped with a 2AZ-FE engine are burning through a “normal” amount of oil.

2007 Toyota Camry accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Toyota Camry:

2007 Toyota Camry Owner Comments (Page 6 of 8)

Jun 292013

Camry 4-cyl

June 29th my passenger visor dropped and refused to stay up except in a backward position, now it is not holding there either. A week later my driver's side sun visor started to droop. I have contacted my local Toyota dealership after finding a warranty policy bulletin saying it should be covered.however now the dealership is saying my VIN may not match a vehicle with this problem. My vehicle does have this problem, why should the VIN matter, they should fix it. I see this is a very common problem and I should not have to pay over $200 to repair it myself. If they deny this I will not buy a Toyota again. This happened before with Ford/Mercury and I never bought another one. If there is a recall and you are having that exact issue within the fix time it should be done whether "your" VIN matches or not. How are they allowed to be so selective.

- Barstow, CA, USA

Jul 012013

Camry

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Camry. The contact stated that the passenger's side sun visor failed to stay in the up position. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified about the defect. The failure mileage was 106,000.

- West Grove, PA, USA

Jun 302013

Camry

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Camry. The contact stated that the driver's side sun visor failed. The sun visor detached from the plastic holder and obstructed the driver's view of the roadway. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer. The sun visor was not replaced. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure and current mileage was 105,000.

- Edmond, OK, USA

Jun 072013

Camry 4-cyl

The sun visor rotated downward on its own during travel, and will no longer stow in its original fully up position. Please refer to Toyota warranty policy bulletin pol 12-3, this bulletin is for the same problem but does not cover my VIN series of jtn.

- North Las Vegas, NV, USA

May 202013

Camry 4-cyl

The driver side sun visor was loose for several weeks. It would not flip up or stay up at any given time. It would always flop down. The piece had broken so much that the visor sagged if I put it to the left of me. I would have to duck my head down to see if any traffic was coming. I only used the visor if the sun was bright so not being able to adjust it to block the sun caused a lot of trouble because I'd have to duck my head to look below it all the time when driving. I finally had to take the whole thing off.

- Mt. Pleasant, SC, USA

May 072013

Camry 4-cyl

The sun visor on the driver side of the 2007 Toyota Camry is defective. It flops down and cannot go back to its position of being up. As a result, visibility is affected which can be dangerous. I think there should be a recall for the manufacturer to fix this safety issue.

- Tampa, FL, USA

Nov 062012

Camry

Was driving and put visor down on driver side and it snapped and had to hold it up while driving. Was very dangerous while driving so researched how to take it completely off until I could afford to replace it. Less than a week later the same thing happened to the passenger side. It really upsets me because I have sensitive eyes and drives towards the sun every morning when it's the worst and is very dangerous not only for me and my children in the car but, also the people I can't see. I'm like most people who live paycheck to paycheck and coming up with over 200 dollars to fix something that should have been built to last in the first place really makes me want to not own a Toyota.

- Albuquerque, NM, USA

Jan 032013

Camry 6-cyl

Water leaking in the headliner, causing the foot wells to be wet. The drain line from the moon roof "gutter" disconnected from the drain line pan and water drains and accumulates in the foot well. During cold weather conditions there is an extreme condensation built-up on the interior of windows. Use of heater will generate high humidity in the cabin and fogging of the window. The fluid in the cabin along with the heating and cooling at night has created a problem cycle.

- Redwood City, CA, USA

Jan 032013

Camry

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Camry. The contact stated that he received a manufacturer's recall in regard to the sun visor. The vehicle was taken to the dealer and was repaired with a new sun visor. Immediately after having the repairs performed, the contact discovered that the visor could not be released at a certain angle to where the sun would be blocked. The manufacturer was contacted and offered no assistance. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was approximately 123,000. The current mileage was approximately 123,100. The VIN was unavailable.

- Macon, GA, USA

Jan 102012

Camry

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Camry. The contact stated that while the vehicle was parked, the front driver's side power window switch overheated and shortened the circuit for the remaining three power windows. There were no flames present. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer and repaired under NHTSA campaign id number: 12V491000 (visibility:power window devices and controls) however, the remaining damages that resulted from the overheated switch were not repaired. In addition, the accelerator pedal became stuck whenever pressure was applied. The failure of the accelerator pedal was not present prior to the recall repairs. The vehicle was not further repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 156,133.

- Indianapolis , IN, USA

Oct 122012

Camry

The driver's side sun visor will not stay up causing driving visibility issues to the point I had to pull it down. Still have visibility issues without a visor but have less dangerous than with the defective one in place. Numerous forums indicate other 2007 Toyota Camry's with same issue. Should be a Toyota recall item vs. Fleecing consumers the $200 for a dealer to replace. ## VIN failed ##

- O'fallon, MO, USA

Dec 012012

Camry

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Camry xle. The contact stated that the driver's side sun visor would not remain in an upward secured position. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 88,000.

- Fayetteville, AR, USA

Apr 022012

Camry 4-cyl

The dashboard is melting and cracking. The seal or rubber that goes around the windshield glass is coming off while driving on highway over 65 miles.

- Coral Springs, FL, USA

Dec 012012

Camry 4-cyl

I own a Toyota Camry 2007 and the dashboard is melting and has created shiny dashboard. I have cleaned with plain water/damp cloth but it is not getting better. I have a friend who also owns Camry 2007 and is facing same problem. I have maintained my car very well and this is surely manufacturing defect. On December 1st this year and I met with an accident because of melting dashboard and shiny dashboard that created glare in my eyes. Thank god, no one was injured. I have also read online that many people who own Toyota Camry 2007 are facing same problem.

- Orlando, FL, USA

Jul 152011

Camry

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Camry. The contact stated that the front driver's side sun visor would continually release from its housing and hang down, obstructing the contact's visibility of the roadway. The contact completely removed the sun visor from the vehicle and when needed, he would manually hold the sun visor in place. The dealer was made aware of the failure and advised the contact that there was a voluntary recall for the failure but the contact's VIN was not included in the recall. The VIN was not available. The approximate failure mileage was 90,000.

- Bannuis, CA, USA

Jan 022012

Camry 4-cyl

The area on the front part of the dashboard (next to the windshield) has become sticky and shiny. It is tacky to the touch and easily gouges. It creates a glare for the driver that can impair his ability to drive. We have tried washing the area and it does not improve the condition! it is dangerous and unsightly!

- Surfside, FL, USA

Oct 062011

Camry

I purchased my Camry used in August 2010 and a couple of months after owning the car, the driver side sunvisor had to be removed because it flopped down and would not stay up when put up. In July 2012, the exact same identical thing happened with the passenger side and it's now hanging down and will not go back up and stay. I can feel in the seem that it's broken but cannot fix it. Everyone, including myself that gets in the passenger side hits their heads on it since it's hanging down. It's definitely a safety issue because of blocking the views especially with the driver side...that's why we removed it completely. I contacted Toyota customer service sometime ago and all they said was that there was no recall on the items. Ridiculous! I've priced the visors thru the dealership I bought the car and the price was around $100. Toyota needs to replace them, I feel!

- Inman, SC, USA

Aug 292012

Camry 4-cyl

The internal mechanism that keeps the sun visor up and out of the driver's field of view failed and the visor now hangs in front of the driver's face.

- Riverton, UT, USA

Jan 152012

Camry 6-cyl

The drivers side sun visor does not stay in "up" position. It will drop down while driving and can be dangerous. I finally had to remove the visor completely from the car, which causes another driving hazard during periods of bright sun light (even with sun glasses on). Several people have reported the same problem on the Toyota owners website. Should be recalled. Dealer wants $200 to repair.

- Saint Johns, FL, USA

Sep 072012

Camry

My driver's side sun visor has fallen into my view. It is difficult to drive with this defect.

- Fort Worth, TX, USA