CarComplaints.com Notes: An increasing number of Toyotas are experiencing excessive oil consumption and the 2007 Camry seems to be leading the charge.

Owners are reporting that their engines are deprived of oil halfway through their maintenance schedules and in some cases the damage is so bad that entirely new engines need to be installed, paid out of pocket. The issue may be a result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.

Toyota has issued a TSB for this problem, but maintains their stance that vehicles equipped with a 2AZ-FE engine are burning through a “normal” amount of oil.

2007 Toyota Camry body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Toyota Camry:

2007 Toyota Camry Owner Comments (Page 12 of 12)

Mar 202009

Camry

Squeaking and rattling noises in roof (near to sunroof area).

- Coamo, PR, USA

Jan 092008

Camry

I have 2007 Toyota Camry le which has 67000 miles. All my front and rear struck is gone and liking. Prime Toyota dealer refuse to fix this kind problem. I am surprised within two year my car structure gone. I drove so many car which had around 200,000 mile and I never had problem. So I would like to put this complain for customer satisfaction. Thank you

- Somerset, MA, USA

Sep 072008

Camry

2007 Toyota Camry SE, sun visors pop out of joints and become inoperable. Lights go out and then the visor stops woking and just hangs there. It happened with driver side sun visor first then left one. No significant event just inoperable over night. There is a popping sound though before it stops working.

- La Quinta, CA, USA

Jul 012008

Camry 4-cyl

2007 Toyota Camry with air conditioning problem. Consumer states that there is a strong urine smell after the use of the air conditioner. Consumer doesn't feel that this problem would be covered under warranty. The consumer also stated there is a wind sound when drving on the highway. It sounded as if the windows were down.

- Independence, MO, USA

Jun 162008

Camry

Sun visor wont stay up. It gets in the way of my view. Vanity light no longer works. I have never been rough with the visor, it just suddenly stopped going up.

- Glendora, CA, USA

Jan 122007

Camry

Bad smell coming from the ac when is initially turn on and 5 days ago find out the rug on the passenger side and back on the same side are soaking wet. Mechanic from the dealer stated that one ac hose inside the car, underneath the dashboard was tugged in. Then the manager stated it was the outside hose from the ac. They state they are not responsible for the water damage. Want costumer to pay 1,480 to change the rugs. Only 9,707 miles, they are being dishonest to the customers. Also, slow acceleration and jumpy ride.

- Miami, FL, USA

Jan 112008

Camry 4-cyl

I purchased a 2007 Toyota Camry in March 2006. This new vehicle had several defects including the replacement of a dash by the dealer after delivery. The quality of the brake rotors on this vehicle are unsatisfactory. I have had the rotors replaced five times. The vehicle has approx. 46,000 miles. I have had two independent repair shops evaluate the factory rotors and they both come to the same conclusion, poor quality rotors. It's not how the vehicle is being operated since we are not causing anything that would cause these rotors to warp the way they do. We do not drive our vehicles hard, just to cause more maintenance expenses. Toyota has paid for replacing the rotors once. They have also charged me twice for the same work and I have paid twice to another auto shop. I tried to file a complaint through Toyota and that was useless. I will never purchase a Toyota vehicle again. Real sad how they were handling my complaint.

- Palmdale, CA, USA

Sep 012007

Camry 4-cyl

Going through a car wash caused the cabin filter to fill with water. Air could not pass through vents. Vehicle smells foul inside. Dealer says using car wash is not recommended and should avoid driving in hard rain. No attempt to repair was made. My Camry is not weather-proof!

- Victoria, VA, USA

Aug 082007

Camry 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Camry. The contact stated that the placement of the sirius satellite radio is extremely low, which prevents him from focusing on the road while driving at any speed. The manufacturer has not provided any assistance. The current mileage was 8,000 and failure mileage was 100. Eq-10203478-4200. Date received 12/12/07. Updated 12/12/07

- Tuxedo, NY, USA

Apr 012007

Camry 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Camry. While looking out of the rear view mirror, the contact noticed a reflection that decreased the visibility out of the rear window. He believed that the shade in the rear caused the failure. The dealer was unable to correct the failure. The failure mileage was 15 and current mileage was 3,000. Updated 10/11/07.

- Commack, NY, USA

Jun 032007

Camry 6-cyl

Vehicle information: 2007 Camry SE V6 purchased in toronto, Ontario, Canada in Sep 2007 ? vehicle manufacturing date Aug 29, 2007. Deficiencies: 1) hesitation the vehicle would not respond to acceleration (even with full throttle) after driving in heavy traffic (stop and go) or driving very passively. This symptom is consistence and hesitation is long and common is 80 klm speed. The vehicle does not down shift at all. Change my dealer after reporting it twice with no action. New dealer has acknowledged the problem and has reprogrammed the transmission chip as per tsb. (will pick up the vehicle today) 2) crackling noise from control are and dashboard next to windshield during entire cold season. Noises appear every few second. Over 90% of the problem disappears during warmer weather. Change my dealer after reporting it twice with no action. New dealer has acknowledged the problem and has added additional insulation as per tsb to control area only. The dashboard noise next to windshield could not be replicated. I have to bring the vehicle to dealer during winter month to replicate the problem before any action is taken. 3) thumping noise from rear end of the vehicle on bumps (like a lose watermelon in your trunk). Again, first dealer did nothing. New dealer has acknowledged the problem and has added additional insulation to struts as per tsb, 4) high revving and transmission not in gear in sudden acceleration. Similar response as you are driving a manual transmission and you continue to accelerate while changing gear. New dealer suggest that the reprogramming should take care of this.

- Richmond Hill, 00, USA

Jul 082007

Camry 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Camry. While pulling into a parking space at 2 mph, the contact's wife drove over the cement divider. The divider was approximately four inches high. A few days later, the contact noticed that the front spoiler on the passenger side had detached. On July 12, 2007, he took the vehicle to the dealer and was informed that the spoiler detached due to the impact of the vehicle striking the cement divider. The current mileage is 22,070 and failure mileage was 22,030.

- Endwell, NY, USA

Jul 012006

Camry 4-cyl

I have a problem with my 2007 Camry accelerating from a stopped or "low speed" position. I also have had to have the air conditioner condenser replaced due to a rock coming through the grill of the car and "puncturing the condenser. I took the car to a Toyota dealer in slidell, la as I was out of town. The dealer replaced the condenser for $625 at my expense. I was told there were no "screens" or any type of materials that could keep this from occurring again. There is however a tsb for the same thing on the 2007 corolla. I feel that Toyota has a flaw in the grill of the 2007 Camry and it should be remedied. On the issue of acceleration, I live in a congested traffic area in fl and do not feel that I can safely "pull out" into traffic unless I have a great deal of clearance. I feel that this is a severe safety issue that needs to be addressed by Toyota. I am an avid fan of Toyota products. This is my 3rd Camry and I owned a Scion tc as well so this is not about downing a Toyota product. I believe in Toyota. I just think now is the time to recognize a problem and remedy that for the consumer. I would hate for someone to get killed before they address this issue.

- Land O Lakes, FL, USA

Jun 272006

Camry 4-cyl

Upon acceleration a deep thud is heard in the rear end area. All possible areas of loose articles were checked. Dealer cannot seem to find. Rear wheel well material comes loose and hangs. Dashboard had to be torn out to fix ac rattle. Jbl bluetooth radio malfunctioned and needed replacing.

- Cumming, GA, USA

Jul 052006

Camry 4-cyl

: the contact stated that the vehicle was not made for anyone of small stature. The vehicle presented no visibility beyond the front window when the seat was adjusted to allow the contact to reach the accelerator and brake pedals. This also caused the seat belt to cut across the neck of the contact, rubbing it raw. The rear window had a constant reflective haze which, when coupled with the oversized head rests in the rear of the vehicle, obscured the rear view of the contact. The vehicle was taken to a service dealer, where the dealer offered no resolution. The dealer determined due to the contact's stature, there was nothing that could be done. Updated 8/14/2006 -

- Hudson, WI, USA