CarComplaints.com Notes: An increasing number of Toyotas are experiencing excessive oil consumption and the 2007 Camry seems to be leading the charge.

Owners are reporting that their engines are deprived of oil halfway through their maintenance schedules and in some cases the damage is so bad that entirely new engines need to be installed, paid out of pocket. The issue may be a result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.

Toyota has issued a TSB for this problem, but maintains their stance that vehicles equipped with a 2AZ-FE engine are burning through a “normal” amount of oil.

2007 Toyota Camry body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Toyota Camry:

2007 Toyota Camry Owner Comments (Page 2 of 12)

Apr 082014

Camry

My dashboard was getting sticky, gummy and disintegrating. When the sun shines on it, there is a glare which makes it hard to see. It is not safety to drive.

- Monroe, LA, USA

Jul 062013

Camry

For the last year I have noticed the dashboard has been sticky. When the sun shines on it, there is a glare which makes it hard to see. Everything sticks to the dashboard. This is a problem and a hazard and we would like Toyota to provide an acceptable solution.

- New Orleans, LA, USA

Nov 032014

Camry

My 2007 Toyota Camry has the dashboard all melted. This causes a tremendous amount of glare while driving during the day and you cant see through the windshield. I've looked over the internet aswell as talked with friends and family and this is an ongoing problem with these Camry models. Looks like a manufacture defect that Toyota does not want to replace. Every year I contact them and its the same answer that it is not covered under warranty. Please help !!!

May 052014

Camry

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Camry. The contact stated that while driving at various speeds, the driver's side sun visor would fall down. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. However, the parts needed to repair vehicle were not available. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 68,500.

- Collegeville , PA, USA

Jul 012014

Camry

My 2007 Toyota Camry's dashboard is melting. It's like someone has poured honey or syrup all over it. I first noticed it this summer and it has progressively gotten worse. I have tried to clean it with windex and a paper towel or a dry cloth. It now has paper towel pieces stuck all over it and the dust is permanently on the dash because it won't wipe off. There is also a glare on the windshield and a horrible substance on the inside of the windshield that cannot be wiped off no matter how much you clean it, it just smears. This causes difficulties driving at night. God only knows what chemicals are being released inside the vehicle that we are all inhaling! I have taken my car to round rock Toyota in round rock, tx and they basically told me how awful it was but they couldn't/wouldn't help me unless I wanted to purchase a new dash board for my car. From my reading on the internet I have found that there are many people with this same problem and Toyota is doing absolutely nothing to make amends for the defective materials they have used in these vehicles. I cannot sell my car like this and I'm sure it will effect the value of my car should I ever try to replace it.

- Burnet, TX, USA

Feb 012014

Camry

My dashboard of my 2007 Toyota Camry has completely melted and is causing my view to be obstructed by the suns glare when driving. Toyota will not replace or fix this.

Aug 012014

Camry

My dashboard is melting. It's become extremely sticky and shiny. I do not use any chemicals or other products on the dashboard.this seems to be a very well known problem with so many customers reporting the same problem and yet Toyota does not recall. The plastic is failing. It's dangerous because it's so terribly shiny.

- Sanford, FL, USA

Aug 072014

Camry

The dashboard is melting and peeling. It is sticky and soft. This causes a glare and obstructs my view as well as makes objects stick onto it.

- Tampa, FL, USA

Jun 012013

Camry 4-cyl

Dashboard is melting, sticky, and gives a horrible glare in the windshield that is distracting and dangerous.

- Laporte, TX, USA

Aug 312012

Camry 4-cyl

The dashboard material has been melted and is now extremely shiny and sticky. It causes the sunlight to reflect back onto the windshield which makes visibility degraded. I would like to see a recall to replace the dashboard.

- Friendswood, TX, USA

Jul 212013

Camry 6-cyl

I purchased this 2007 Toyota Camry from carmax in July 2013. Following the purchase, I noticed the dashboard was sticky and thought maybe some type of detailing cleaner had been used on it. The dashboard is sticky because it is melting in the heat. The shiny, melting dashboard causes a glare on the front windshield affecting visibility.

- Wesley Chapel, FL, USA

Mar 042013

Camry

The dash melted, is sticky and impossible to clean. The glare off the dash is awful now. Also the driver side visor hangs down now. The arm seems to have broken and the visor won't stay up to the ceiling.

- Hoover, AL, USA

Jun 012013

Camry

My dashboard is sticky and melting. Nothing can be put on it. The windshield protector so it doesn't get real hot inside got stuck to dashboard and not big hole in the dashboard. When I am driving sometimes the glare is so striking that it gives you a blindspot. This is very dangerous and I would like to know if you all are going to replace it.

- Tampa, FL, USA

Jul 262014

Camry 4-cyl

The dash is melting, causing a sticky texture that causes a bright glare when the sun shines on it.

- Sanford, FL, USA

Jul 252012

Camry 4-cyl

Dashboard is melting. It is sticky and cannot be undone. Bits come off in fingernails when they strike dashboard in error. Very hard to clean.

- Winter Haven, FL, USA

Sep 152012

Camry

My dashboard is sticking. I bought my 2007 Toyota Camry new and have found many complaints about the same issue from other 2007 owners.

- Honea Path, SC, USA

Aug 012014

Camry

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Camry. The contact stated that the dashboard had a sticky and shiny substance, which caused the sunlight to reflect onto the windshield and obstructed the driver's view. The dealer advised that the dashboard needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The dashboard was not replaced. The failure mileage was 25,000.

- Mobile , AL, USA

Jan 012013

Camry

I have a 2007 Toyota Camry and my dash board has bin melting since 80,000 miles I have 120,000 now and it has gotten worse I have never used shine chemicals or cleaners just a humid rag the dash in the sun shines in my windshield and obstructs my view please do something about this the poor quality of the material is the reason for this Toyota should be responsible.

- Wesley Chapel, FL, USA

Oct 012010

Jul 172013

Camry

During July, 2013, I noticed that the dashboard on my Camry was sticky and looked grimy. I asked my husband if he could clean it for me. When we had the car serviced in August, 2013, we were given the telephone number for Toyota to report my problem. It was not until a road trip this past summer, that we noticed how extremely difficult it was to drive at night the distraction from oncoming headlights hitting our glossy dashboard. Was distracting and extremely dangerous. The glare of the dashboard on the front window from the sun during the day was as terrible. We could not see exit signs or traffic warning lights because of the constant glare and blinding reflection. After I saw a news investigation on nbc6 miami concerning my same problem, I realized that this situation is a growing concern for Toyota owners and should be by Toyota. My family has had Toyota since my mother's cressida in 1984. We have lived in miami since then and have always purchased Toyota; tercel, corolla-sr-5, 3 Celica, 3 corollas, etc. My 2007 Camry has a manufacturer's defect Toyota corporation has been using inferior materials it should always be liable for something that can cause serious consequences and injury we never had any such problem. I would like to become part of any class action concerning this situation.