CarComplaints.com Notes: An increasing number of Toyotas are experiencing excessive oil consumption and the 2007 Camry seems to be leading the charge.

Owners are reporting that their engines are deprived of oil halfway through their maintenance schedules and in some cases the damage is so bad that entirely new engines need to be installed, paid out of pocket. The issue may be a result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.

Toyota has issued a TSB for this problem, but maintains their stance that vehicles equipped with a 2AZ-FE engine are burning through a “normal” amount of oil.

2007 Toyota Camry body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Toyota Camry:

2007 Toyota Camry Owner Comments (Page 5 of 12)

Nov 012012

Camry 4-cyl

Entire dashboard is sticky/melting. You can't clean it and there is a glare. If you bump the dash, a small piece will come off.

- Okeechobee, FL, USA

Aug 052011

Camry 4-cyl

Dashboard melting, sticky, disintegrating to the touch and basically falling apart!!!

- Palm Bay, FL, USA

Aug 122014

Camry 6-cyl

I have not had any accidents because of the melting dashboard and hope I don't. it is an issue that should be dealt with. It seems that Toyota will not do anything about unless they are made to so. My dashboard has gotten soft and continues to get soft even though I keep it garaged. There are glares and gouges now. Those are distracting and can easily result in me or someone else having a crash because of it. There are numerous complaints online regarding this issue.I have spoken to corporate and the local dealer and have come away frustrated. All they want to do is assist in the replacement of the dash, and I would have to pay$1100 myself. It not right for the consumer to pay such a price when the car maker has clearly made a defective product.

- Rockledge, FL, USA

Aug 012011

Camry 4-cyl

In my 2007 Toyota Camry, at first (approx. 2011) the dashboard would feel sticky, as if something had spilled on it. However the stickiness could not be cleaned up. It was in fact the material of the dashboard melting. It continues to get worse and spreads across a larger area, to the point that now (2014) the dash cannot be touched without a mark being left in the melted material. It looks wet and is so glossy that the glare is impossible to see through most of the day. This is clearly a manufacturers defect and should be recalled as it is a safety hazard, not just with the blinding glare which impairs vision, but because the passenger airbag is contained inside of the dashboard and the dashboard being melted may affect its deployment.

- Gretna, LA, USA

Feb 202013

Camry

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Camry. The contact stated that the dashboard was sticky and began to melt. The failure caused a glare on the windshield and impaired the contact's vision. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified. The failure mileage was unknown.

- Coconut Creek, FL, USA

Sep 012013

Camry 4-cyl

The upper part of the dashboard (toward the windshield) has become soft and sticky. It is essentially melting. I have tried to clean it but that only makes it worse. It is now just a sticky goo.

- South Miami, FL, USA

Mar 012014

Camry 4-cyl

I've noticed my 2007 Camry dashboard is melting under the hot Florida sun. In the mornings is not as sticky but when heat starts going up the dashboard get stickier and shiny making a glare on windshield making it difficult to see. This is a problem I cannot have it is a safety issue and it needs to be addressed. Please someone help!

- Orlando, FL, USA

Jul 202013

Camry 4-cyl

As I was driving East on a 4 lane highway the sun was hitting my dashboard and because of the melting condition of the dashboard there was a glare in front of me that impaired my vision. It forced me to make a left hand turn to get way from the glare. This dash board becomes so sticky in the heat that I cant display parking passes in the window because I won't be able to remove them. Because of this I run the risk of being ticketed. A dashboard should not be in this condition. It is made of faulty material.

- Sarasota, FL, USA

Aug 012013

Camry 4-cyl

A few inches of the front dashboard area nearest the front window melted and would get on the sunscreen and from there on to the front window. I spoke to the service person at my dealership and on the advice of his manager I sent an email to Toyota. They only offered to pay for half of the replacement cost. I had the dashboard replaced and had to pay $688.70.

- Plantation, FL, USA

Apr 212013

Camry 4-cyl

Dash board is melting, sticky, needs replacement and creating a glare, which, in turn, causes a reflection that effects the driver from the glare. This has become a safety issue.

- Valrico, FL, USA

Jul 022013

Melting dashboard.

- Miami, FL, USA

Jul 012014

Camry 4-cyl

Dashboard is melting and is very sticky. Glare from the shiny causes distraction on the road. Hard to see the road because of the shine. Dashboard is melting and is very sticky.

- Pensacola, FL, USA

Aug 062009

Camry 4-cyl

My dashboard has been melting for the last 5 years.

- Sun City Center, FL, USA

Sep 222010

Camry 4-cyl

I purchased the Camry back in 2010. Car was great, looked great. Dash looked good, or at least I thought the dealers detailer made it look good. Shortly afterwards, noticed the dash was incredibly sticky. Took it to back to the dealer I bought it from and extended warranty would not cover the dashboard, and it was out of manufacturers warranty. Took it to Toyota dealer too and they said Toyota would not cover either. The dash is incredibly sticky, like the glue that Toyota used to glue the top material down on the dash is seeping through the top layer. The glue creates an incredible glare when driving, which can be incredibly dangerous during sunny days as it makes things hard to see unless you're wearing a pair of sunglasses, and even so the glare is still there. The glue also makes things stick to the dash, making it incredibly hard to clean as well, which can also show up on the glare on the windshield. I've never used any greasy, or oily products to clean my dash as I was worried about making the glue/glare problem even worse. I'm tempted to either buy a dash cover, which ironically will stick to the dashboard, or tint my windshield to keep the glare down. It's very disappointing Toyota cheaped out on the material used in the dash, that's going to hurt resale value for all Camry with the issue down the road, and can create dangerous conditions if the glare is bad enough for some people. I moderate a Toyota forum and I see this exact issue pop up a lot. I've included a few links for reference. www.toyotanation.com/forum/104-5th-6th-generation-2002-2006-2007-2011/391341-2007-Toyota-Camry-dashboard-melting-under-Florida-heat.html www.nairaland.com/1095499/07-08-Camry-dashboard-melting www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/21726645/exclusive-some-Toyota-Camry-suffer-from-sticky-cracking-dashboards.

- Baton Rouge, LA, USA

Aug 012008

Camry 4-cyl

My dashboard is melting away on my 2007 Toyota Camry.

- Hialeah, FL, USA

Aug 292014

Camry 4-cyl

A few months ago, notice that the dashboard was sticky and very soft, it looks like melt rubber. I had been in car washes and after a couple of hours the melting sensation comes back.

- Miami, FL, USA

Aug 012010

Camry

Dash board is melting and cracking, looks awful cannot be touched because it immediately makes a mark. It is shiny and causes a glare on windshield. Cannot believe how the quality of a car as is the Toyota can have something like this happening and does nothing about, what a great way to keep your clients happy!!

- Loiza, PR, USA

Aug 112010

Camry 4-cyl

Dashboard is melting and causes a glare on the windshield.

- Virginia Gardens , FL, USA

Jan 042014

Camry

The dashboard on my 2007 Toyota Camry is melting and causing a huge glare on the windshield. It looks like I slathered baby oil on the first 5 inches of the dashboard. This causes difficulty seeing out of the windshield especially in the Florida sun. This should be a manufacture recall since it is a serious safety concern for drivers.

- North Fort Myers, FL, USA

Jul 012010

Camry 4-cyl

2007 Toyota Camry developed melted dashboard. Dashboard became severely sticky and gummy and continually worsened. Melted dashboard creates a significant glare on windshield which is a safety hazard. Melted dashboard also raises a concern for proper operation of airbags. Toyota usa and local Toyota dealerships have been notified on multiple occasions. Articles/news stories from Hawaii to Texas and Florida have presented a similar problem and various online complaints and discussions highlight a similar concern.

- Belleair Beach, FL, USA