Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: An increasing number of Toyotas are experiencing excessive oil consumption and the 2007 Camry seems to be leading the charge.

Owners are reporting that their engines are deprived of oil halfway through their maintenance schedules and in some cases the damage is so bad that entirely new engines need to be installed, paid out of pocket. The issue may be a result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.

Toyota has issued a TSB for this problem, but maintains their stance that vehicles equipped with a 2AZ-FE engine are burning through a “normal” amount of oil.

2007 Toyota Camry body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Toyota Camry:

2007 Toyota Camry Owner Comments (Page 6 of 12)

Aug 022010

Camry 4-cyl

Dash board started melting causing a glare on the windshield. Dash board is extremely sticky and insects, dirt and anything that comes in contact with the dash stick to it.

- Sarasota, FL, USA

Jul 012013

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Camry. The contact stated that the dashboard developed a sticky substance that was bubbling and deteriorating. The sticky substance created a glare, which impacted the contact's visibility while operating the vehicle. The dealer stated that the dashboard needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 50,000.

- Venice, FL, USA

Jul 162012

Camry 4-cyl

I purchased a new 2007 Toyota Camry in November 2006 from a Toyota dealership and keep it parked in my garage when it's not being used. About two years ago, the heat of the sun began melting my dashboard. The dashboard started to look very glossy and shiny and feel very sticky, like glue. Parts of it began to peel. When I am driving on a hot sunny day, the shine of the dashboard creates a glare on my windshield that makes it difficult to see the road ahead. I took it to the Toyota dealership hoping that they would repair it as it is a manufacturer's defect, but they said that I would have to pay around $3,000 to replace the dash. They also acknowledged that this was a common problem with Toyota Camry models manufactured between 2007 and 2010, yet they never issued a recall for this problem. It's clear from this that it was perfectly feasible for them to use a different material made to withstand heat in warmer climates, but they did not. This manufacturer's defect is hazardous as it can impair the driver's vision when the glare is strong. I kindly request that the NHTSA take some action to address this issue.

- Wesley Chapel, FL, USA

May 092014

Camry 4-cyl

Noticed that my dashboard had an glare, when I attempted to wipe it down, the towel begin to stick.

- St. Petersburg, FL, USA

Aug 272014

Camry 4-cyl

The dashboard is melting. It is very glossy and sticky. The gloss creates a glare when driving. When you touch it your hand gets stuck to the dashboard.

- Cleveland, TN, USA

Aug 012008

Approximately 2 years after the purchase of our 2007 Toyota Camry, the dashboard started becoming sticky as if a paste was on it. Everything sticks to it and it is impossible to clean because it will literally peel off. I determined that it melted in the Florida heat. After hearing that this is happening to other cars and leaving the same dangerous glare when driving I too agree that Toyota needs to rectify this issue because it is not an isolated incident as I thought previously.

- North Port, FL, USA

Aug 072010

Camry 4-cyl

Dash gets sticky in the hot weather, when it is out in the sun or in the garage.

- Venice, FL, USA

Aug 262014

Camry 4-cyl

The dashboard on my car is literally melting. It now has a glare that has created blind spots in the daytime which is very dangerous. I called Toyota and the rep I spoke to flat out lied about there being an issue. She told me that due to the warranty expiration I would have to pay the full cost of replacing the dashboard. She said it was the first time she heard of it when I know that is not true due to a tv station report in Florida reporting on the issue and the hundreds of Camry owners that have the same issue. There should be a recall for this dashboard! I don't see why the consumer should have to pay to replace the dashboard when it is an obvious manufacturer defect. It should be recalled due to the blind spot it creates as well as it could be emitting toxic fumes from the melting substandard materials.

- Sunrise, FL, USA

May 102013

My 2007 Toyota Camry has developed a very soft and very sticky dashboard. At first I thought it was some sort of residue but the dashboard just kept getting worse. You can not touch it without leaving a mark on it, either a finger print or a nick from catching it with your fingernail. Any and all dust particles stick to its surface and because of the extreme stickiness it can not be cleaned off. The glare from the sun is the most dangerous part! you can not see, even with visor down and sunglasses on!

- Aubrey, TX, USA

Aug 252014

Camry 4-cyl

My dash board is melting. It seems this is a current issue faced by many owners and Toyota has yet to address it. It seems as if extreme heat will make the dashboard malleable and especially susceptible to nicks and scratches. It is impossible to clean. Any rag, wipe, etc. Leaves sticky fibers in the already tacky surface.

- Ashburn, GA, USA

Jun 012013

Camry 4-cyl

Dashboard of subject vehicle started displaying signs of a very sticky substance in the summer of 2013. I purchased this vehicle in Dec. Of 2010 with one previous owner.. signs of melting dashboard did not appear for several years past the warranty. Internet search reveals that numerous Toyota owners have experienced this same problem. After dealing with Toyota directly, I was told they would provide a replacement dashboard but that I would have to pay $624 in labor. My position is that this is either a products liability, implied warranty of merchantability, or latent defect issue and has no bearing on an expired warranty. In addition, there may be a safety concern with deployment of the airbag due to deteriorating dashboard, not to mention the possibility of toxic fumes circulating throughout the vehicle. I firmly believe that Toyota should issue a recall due to numerous similar complaints (see also Camry-how.html and

- Melbourne, FL, USA

Jun 102014

Camry 6-cyl

I have a 2007 Toyota Camry that my dashboard is melting in the sun. It is sticky to the touch and puts out a glare on the windshield when diving causing loss of visibility in sunlight. In cleaning the dashboard to remove the stickiness due to it melting the dashboard is now damage by my fingernail. Any assistants with this matter will be appreciated.

- Greensboro, NC, USA

Nov 182013

Camry 4-cyl

Dashbord melting (material melt in the sun light), that leads to reflection on the glass during the day time that hazadrds to drivers.

- Ocala, FL, USA

Aug 012012

The dashboard is literally melting away. There is a horrible, sticky, gooey substance that is oozing out of the entire dashboard. You cannot touch or clean it, and when driving in the direct sun, it creates such a reflections on the windshield that you can hardly see. I am not sure what the substance is, however, I believe that breathing it may be a health hazard. I have approached Toyota on this issue several times, only to be told that they have never heard of this and that the reason the dashboard is melting is because I live in Florida.

- Coconut Creek, FL, USA

Aug 012014

Noticed my dash board was getting to be a sticky mess I keep it cleaned and parked under my carport. Now it is like it is melting and my finger nail went through it. Also the dash gets shiny and makes a glare when I drive. I cant believe a car dash would do this. I think Toyota needs to replace it before it gets worse and an accident it caused.

- Pearl River, LA, USA

Aug 162014

Camry 4-cyl

My 2007 Camry dashboard is melting on both sides. It's sticky and I always put a screen on the dashboard. I am concerned about the safety of my car.

- Land O Lakes, FL, USA

Jan 012010

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Camry. The contact stated that the dashboard was melting, which caused the surface to become very sticky. The dealer was unable to assist since the vehicle was no longer under warranty. The vehicle was not repaired. The VIN was not available. The failure mileage was 65,000.

- Arlington , TX, USA

Jul 142010

Camry 4-cyl

Dash board has been melting for years, I complaint to Toyota, and they said there was no recall or problems with other vehicles, now I found out that there is a lot of Toyota with the same problem.

- Land O Lakes , FL, USA

Oct 012007

Camry 6-cyl

My dash board is melting and has been like that since I bought it with approximately 42000 miles. It does cause a glare when the sun is bright making driving hazardous, it also has affected the ac control panel.

- St Petersburg, FL, USA

Jan 012012

Dashboard is sticky and melting, was told by clearwater Toyota that it's out of warranty.

- St. Petersburg, FL, USA