Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: An increasing number of Toyotas are experiencing excessive oil consumption and the 2007 Camry seems to be leading the charge.

Owners are reporting that their engines are deprived of oil halfway through their maintenance schedules and in some cases the damage is so bad that entirely new engines need to be installed, paid out of pocket. The issue may be a result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.

Toyota has issued a TSB for this problem, but maintains their stance that vehicles equipped with a 2AZ-FE engine are burning through a “normal” amount of oil.

2007 Toyota Camry body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Toyota Camry:

2007 Toyota Camry Owner Comments (Page 7 of 12)

Jul 042012

The dashboard is melting and has been for a couple of years. When I brought it into dealership, they said it was because of some cleaner that I used. Then I found out that many 2007 Camry owners are having same problem and Toyota refuses to admit that they have a defected product. I am 62 years old and have never had this happen to another vehicle - and I've had other Toyota. Why is there not a recall"??????????????? the dealership try to pass it off as the consumers' fault when it is actually Toyota's. what can I do"

- Crowley, LA, USA

Aug 012011

Melting, sticky dash which causes a glare during daylight driving.

- Vinton, LA, USA

Aug 122009

Camry 4-cyl

About 4 to 6 year ago happen melting dash board.

- Lakeland, FL, USA

May 262014

Camry 4-cyl

The dashboard on my 2007 Toyota Camry is melting. It is super soft and super shiny. Everything is sticking to it. If you press on it with a fingernail, your fingernail will easily sink into the melted plastic. I have never seen anything like it. The shiny residue that has seeped out of the dash is causing a glare on the windshield. I have taken excellent care of this car. I can't believe the dash is disintegrating.

- Garland, TX, USA

Jan 012014

Camry 6-cyl

The dash is melting and a glare on the dash is making it unsafe to drive.

- Valrico, FL, USA

Aug 052013

Camry 4-cyl

The dashboard is melting and has become very sticky. The glare effect my vision which has cause close accidents.

- Mobile, AL, USA

Aug 112014

Camry 4-cyl

This vehicle was purchased brand new at sterling mccall Toyota, houston, Texas in 2007. It has had only one owner and currently has approximately 148,00 miles. The concern on this vehicle is that the dashboard has melted within time, and sticky. This is in the area closest to the front windshield. With this being the case, the melted dash has become shiny in this area and causes an extreme inter glare. This causes a hazard with the driver during daylight driving hours. I have called multiple dealerships and informed them about the dashboard. All of the dealerships that I have contacted have told me that there are no recalls or technical service bulletins with this issue. I have researched the internet and have found a lot of complainants online with the same problem. Thank you concerned consumer

- Wharton, TX, USA

Aug 102014

Camry 4-cyl

My dashboard is melting, very soft and sticky but most importantly is putting off some odor that could be dangerous chemically. Appears that this is common in warm climates...such as Florida. I am concerned that this could be toxic. Toyota has refused to repair and indicated replacement would be near $2500.

- Cocoa Beach, FL, USA

Aug 052011

Camry 4-cyl

My dashboard is melting. It is extremely sticky. I'm having trouble seeing during the day because it is causing a bright reflection on the windshield. This is a safety issue!!

- Mandeville, LA, USA

May 012013

Camry 6-cyl

My 2007 Camry has the melting dashboard. The dealership solution is to cover the problem with some type of carpet/rug. I want my dashboard replaced. I don't know what toxins I'm breathing as the dashboard melts. I have reported the problem to Toyota corporate office.

- Spring, TX, USA

Aug 062014

The dashboard has a molten sticky appearance. It is extremely reflective and when in direct light (such as the sun) the glare is reflected onto the windshield. This causes a glare in the drivers eyes which is very dangerous whilst in motion. Other customers have described this phenomena as the "dashboard melting".

- Fort Myers, FL, USA

Aug 012011

Camry 4-cyl

My dashboard is melting! I cannot touch it without sticky goo coming off of it. I creates a terrible glare and is hard to see out of windshield.

- Orange, TX, USA

Mar 142012

Camry 4-cyl

My 2007 Toyota Camry hybrid's dashboard is melting and the glare on the windshield caused by the melted surface is an extreme safety hazard when driving the vehicle.

- Missouri City, TX, USA

Oct 042013

Camry 4-cyl

The dashboard is melting creating a high gloss reflection on the front windshield. The melting dashboard is very sticky.

- Spring, TX, USA

May 022014

About three months ago I came to the realization that the dashboard for my 2007 Toyota Camry had developed a sticky surface. The condition has worsened over the past three months.

- Tequesta, FL, USA

Jun 062013

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Camry. While driving at an unknown speed during the night, a glare illuminated on the dashboard. The dashboard became sticky during hot weather. The manufacturer was notified. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The failure mileage was 40,000.

- Husser, LA, USA

Jul 292014

Vehicle dash has become very sticky. Noticed that there are now nicks missing from dash. Curious and concerned I began to examine them closer and feeling the areas where the nicks where. Shocked to feel the dash was very sticky and mushy. Never felt anything like this before in any vehicles I have ever owned, even vehicles years older than this (2007). I'm scared to clean or even touch for fear it may become stickier. Your hand literally sticks to the dash.

- Jacksonville, TX, USA

Aug 012008

Camry 4-cyl

About a year to year and a half after purchasing my Camry the dashboard started becoming sticky and causing a horrible glare on the windshield. Every time I brought it into the dealership I was told it was a manufacturer's defect but they would not take care of it and that it would cost me over $2000 to fix it. Even when I switched dealerships I was told the same thing. Now if it is a manufacturer's defect why is it my responsibility to pay to have it replaced? the glare during the summer in Florida is really bad. The glare has been so bad that I have almost had a few accidents because of it. I used to swear by Toyota but now I don't think I would ever by one again after this.

- Tamarac, FL, USA

Aug 012014

Camry 4-cyl

The dashboard is melting. There is a reflection from the melting dashboard causing a glare on the windshield making it difficult to see clearly while driving in direct sunlight.

- Parkland, FL, USA

Aug 012013

Camry 4-cyl

Dashboard is melting causing a glare that reflects on windshield

- Metairie, LA, USA