- September 18: Toyota Recalls Cars That Can Leak Gas and Catch Fire
- September 15: Toyota Highlander Liftgate Problems Cause Class-Action Lawsuit
- September 13: Toyota Recalls Vehicles With Incorrect Tire Pressure Labels
- September 11: Toyota Recalls 130,000 Tundra Trucks For 'Garnish" Problems
- September 1: Toyota Recalls FJ Cruiser Over Failure of Steering Control
Brake Booster Not Functional
CarComplaints.com Notes: An increasing number of Toyotas are experiencing excessive oil consumption and the 2007 Camry seems to be leading the charge.
Owners are reporting that their engines are deprived of oil halfway through their maintenance schedules and in some cases the damage is so bad that entirely new engines need to be installed, paid out of pocket. The issue may be a result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.
Toyota has issued a TSB for this problem, but maintains their stance that vehicles equipped with a 2AZ-FE engine are burning through a “normal” amount of oil.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 70,293 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 17 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace brake booster (15 reports)
- not sure (1 reports)
- replace brake calipers (1 reports)