- November 27: Toyota Camry AC Smell Lawsuit Lingers in Court news | 9 days ago
- November 22: Toyota Recalls 834,000 Sienna Minivans to Fix Sliding Doors recalls | 14 days ago
- November 12: Toyota to Pay $3.4 Billion in Tacoma Rusted Frames Lawsuit news | 24 days ago
- November 4: Study: Pickup Truck Headlights Leave Drivers in the Dark news | 32 days ago
- October 27: Toyota Recalls 5.8 Million Vehicles to Replace Takata Airbags recalls | 40 days ago
Brake Booster Not Functional
2007 Toyota Camry (Page 1 of 2)
CarComplaints.com Notes: An increasing number of Toyotas are experiencing excessive oil consumption and the 2007 Camry seems to be leading the charge.
Owners are reporting that their engines are deprived of oil halfway through their maintenance schedules and in some cases the damage is so bad that entirely new engines need to be installed, paid out of pocket. The issue may be a result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.
Toyota has issued a TSB for this problem, but maintains their stance that vehicles equipped with a 2AZ-FE engine are burning through a “normal” amount of oil.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 84,027 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 25 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace brake booster (23 reports)
- not sure (1 reports)
- replace brake calipers (1 reports)