- June 22: Toyota Sued After Carjacking and 4 Fatalities news | 4 days ago
- June 20: Southeast Toyota Distributors Recalls Weight Labels recalls | 6 days ago
- June 18: Toyota Sequoia 'VSC' Trac Light Problems Investigated investigations | 8 days ago
- June 15: Which New Cars Are Being Sold With Takata Airbags? news | 11 days ago
- June 12: Southeast Toyota Distributors Recalls Vehicles Over Seat Heaters recalls | 14 days ago
Brake Booster Not Functional
2007 Toyota Camry (Page 1 of 2)
CarComplaints.com Notes: An increasing number of Toyotas are experiencing excessive oil consumption and the 2007 Camry seems to be leading the charge.
Owners are reporting that their engines are deprived of oil halfway through their maintenance schedules and in some cases the damage is so bad that entirely new engines need to be installed, paid out of pocket. The issue may be a result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.
Toyota has issued a TSB for this problem, but maintains their stance that vehicles equipped with a 2AZ-FE engine are burning through a “normal” amount of oil.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 81,028 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 24 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace brake booster (22 reports)
- not sure (1 reports)
- replace brake calipers (1 reports)