- November 28: Ford Tosses Takata, Toyota Recalls Takata Airbags
- November 19: Toyota Sues 'Lexus Studios,' a Wedding Video Company
- November 6: Toyota and Mazda Wave Goodbye to Takata
- November 5: Toyota Recalls Cars That Suddenly Brake On Their Own
- November 1: Toyota RAV4 Oil Consumption Lawsuit Filed in Illinois
Brake Booster Not Functional
2007 Toyota Camry (Page 1 of 2)
CarComplaints.com Notes: An increasing number of Toyotas are experiencing excessive oil consumption and the 2007 Camry seems to be leading the charge.
Owners are reporting that their engines are deprived of oil halfway through their maintenance schedules and in some cases the damage is so bad that entirely new engines need to be installed, paid out of pocket. The issue may be a result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.
Toyota has issued a TSB for this problem, but maintains their stance that vehicles equipped with a 2AZ-FE engine are burning through a “normal” amount of oil.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 79,899 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 23 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace brake booster (21 reports)
- not sure (1 reports)
- replace brake calipers (1 reports)