- February 16: Toyota Mirai Fuel Cell Cars Recalled, All 2,840 of Them recalls | 7 days ago
- January 26: Toyota Tundra Recalled to Fix Step Bumpers recalls | 28 days ago
- January 13: Toyota Recalls 543,000 Vehicles to Replace Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 41 days ago
- January 4: Toyota Rusted Frame Settlement Agreement Nears news | 50 days ago
- December 31: Toyota Prius Headlight Lawsuit Targets Low-Beam Failures news | 54 days ago
Brake Booster Not Functional
2007 Toyota Camry (Page 1 of 2)
CarComplaints.com Notes: An increasing number of Toyotas are experiencing excessive oil consumption and the 2007 Camry seems to be leading the charge.
Owners are reporting that their engines are deprived of oil halfway through their maintenance schedules and in some cases the damage is so bad that entirely new engines need to be installed, paid out of pocket. The issue may be a result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.
Toyota has issued a TSB for this problem, but maintains their stance that vehicles equipped with a 2AZ-FE engine are burning through a “normal” amount of oil.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 84,027 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 25 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace brake booster (23 reports)
- not sure (1 reports)
- replace brake calipers (1 reports)