- May 23: Toyota Recalls 1.5 Million Toyota, Lexus and Scion Vehicles recalls | 2 days ago
- May 7: Gulf States Toyota Recalls 4Runner For Label Problems recalls | 18 days ago
- April 20: Wrongful Death Lawsuit Filed After Toyota Yaris Crash news | 35 days ago
- April 13: Toyota Recalls 2016 Avalon and Camry For Airbag Failures recalls | 42 days ago
- April 6: Toyota Recalls Nearly 17,000 Vehicles in Two Recalls recalls | 49 days ago
Brake Booster Not Functional
2007 Toyota Camry (Page 1 of 2)
CarComplaints.com Notes: An increasing number of Toyotas are experiencing excessive oil consumption and the 2007 Camry seems to be leading the charge.
Owners are reporting that their engines are deprived of oil halfway through their maintenance schedules and in some cases the damage is so bad that entirely new engines need to be installed, paid out of pocket. The issue may be a result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.
Toyota has issued a TSB for this problem, but maintains their stance that vehicles equipped with a 2AZ-FE engine are burning through a “normal” amount of oil.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 81,028 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 24 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace brake booster (22 reports)
- not sure (1 reports)
- replace brake calipers (1 reports)