- July 29: Government Denies Petition to Investigate Toyota Prius c
- July 4: Toyota Fuel-Cell Car Faces Government Hurdles
- June 11: Over 1 Million Cars Might Have Explosive Takata Air Bag Inflators
- June 10: Toyota Cars Still Have Explosive Air Bags
- May 22: Toyota Recalls 510,000 Minivans and Sedans
Brake Booster Not Functional
CarComplaints.com Notes: An increasing number of Toyotas are experiencing excessive oil consumption and the 2007 Camry seems to be leading the charge.
Owners are reporting that their engines are deprived of oil halfway through their maintenance schedules and in some cases the damage is so bad that entirely new engines need to be installed, paid out of pocket. The issue may be a result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.
Toyota has issued a TSB for this problem, but maintains their stance that vehicles equipped with a 2AZ-FE engine are burning through a “normal” amount of oil.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 70,293 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 17 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace brake booster (15 reports)
- not sure (1 reports)
- replace brake calipers (1 reports)