CarComplaints.com Notes: An increasing number of Toyotas are experiencing excessive oil consumption and the 2007 Camry seems to be leading the charge.

Owners are reporting that their engines are deprived of oil halfway through their maintenance schedules and in some cases the damage is so bad that entirely new engines need to be installed, paid out of pocket. The issue may be a result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.

Toyota has issued a TSB for this problem, but maintains their stance that vehicles equipped with a 2AZ-FE engine are burning through a “normal” amount of oil.

2007 Toyota Camry brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Toyota Camry:

2007 Toyota Camry Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

Sep 042009

Camry

My Toyota Camry 2007 had a unintended acceleration that causes my car crashed to the car infront me. Toyota dealer did something in the carpet and acceleration pedal yesterday. I am still afraid to drive this car for I strongly believed that the sensor or the electronically throttle activate the sudden unintended acceleration of my car. I also believed that Toyota are not being honest in finding a solution to these problems. I don't want to experience again the death acceleration that may occur while driving this car. Everything Toyota did to my car is just bandaid solution and not solving the main cause of the accident whichis the electronic throttle as in happened to all other high speed that cannot be stopped by the driver, and caused deaths to all passenger. I do not want to be in their seats and experienced what they went through living or dead. Your question below of "were there any deaths or injuries?" is too vague. I do not want to experience death while driving Toyota.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Jun 142009

Camry

The contact owns a 2007 rav4. The contact stated that the gasoline mileage and the electrical system has malfunctioned since the vehicle was purchased. The right rear wheel sensor that controls the stability, traction, and four wheel drive functions have also failed and caused the warning light to illuminate on the dashboard. The dealer replaced the rear wheel sensor twice and within 48 hours the failure recurred. The third time the rear wheel sensor malfunctioned, the dealer diagnosed the failure for 5 to 6 weeks. The dealer recently replaced the rear wheel sensor and the electric control module and vehicle is functioning normally. The VIN was unavailable. The failure mileage was 24,000.

- Springfield, IL, USA

Jan 262010

Camry

On 26th Jan, on the way back home in the evening I was on 105 fwy headed East. The time was around 7:50 pm. The traffic was there since it was a rainy day. I tried to apply brakes on my Toyota Camry 2007 xle model. I didn't experience the brakes taking effect and the car hit another vehicle at around 20 - 25 miles/hr speed. Now the car is being repaired as we speak. It might take about 10 days to fix it I was told.

- Cypress, CA, USA