- June 29: Recall: Lexus ES 350 Cars Can Lose Steering Control recalls | 21 days ago
- June 20: Toyota Sienna Power Sliding Door Lawsuit Filed in Missouri news | 30 days ago
- June 18: Takata and Honda Get Some Airbag Claims Dismissed news | 32 days ago
- June 13: Toyota Loses Appeal in Koua Fong Lee Crash news | 37 days ago
- June 4: Toyota Owned Part of Tesla, But Not Anymore news | 46 days ago
NHTSA — Service Brakes, Hydraulic: Foundation Components: Hoses, Lines/Piping, And Fittings Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: An increasing number of Toyotas are experiencing excessive oil consumption and the 2007 Camry seems to be leading the charge.
Owners are reporting that their engines are deprived of oil halfway through their maintenance schedules and in some cases the damage is so bad that entirely new engines need to be installed, paid out of pocket. The issue may be a result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.
Toyota has issued a TSB for this problem, but maintains their stance that vehicles equipped with a 2AZ-FE engine are burning through a “normal” amount of oil.
2.7hardly worth mentioning
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 53,035 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints: