CarComplaints.com Notes: An increasing number of Toyotas are experiencing excessive oil consumption and the 2007 Camry seems to be leading the charge.

Owners are reporting that their engines are deprived of oil halfway through their maintenance schedules and in some cases the damage is so bad that entirely new engines need to be installed, paid out of pocket. The issue may be a result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.

Toyota has issued a TSB for this problem, but maintains their stance that vehicles equipped with a 2AZ-FE engine are burning through a “normal” amount of oil.

7.2

2. replaced battery and alternator (1 reports)
2007 Toyota Camry electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Toyota Camry:

2007 Toyota Camry Owner Comments

Jul 202013

Camry LE 2.4L

In July, 2013, suddenly, my ABS and BRAKE lights came on on my dash. My speedometer, RPM. oil and tachometer gauges all started to jump all over, my A/C, normally working fine started to blow warm air......car also seemed to shake from underneath (the engine). Since then, I have taken car into dealership only to find out it needs 800.00 worth of work that should be considered a recall as over 1025 other of the same issues have been complained about online by other 2007 CAMRY owners, but the Manufacturer in CA will do nothing. (have called there twice, once before and once after having it diagnosed.) Told them about the other complaints of other owners to which I was told they don't check the computer for complaints, and no, there are no recalls for this problem. Was told it's rare for that part, the Combination Meter to have to be replaced. Since I've had this problem, I have talked to my sister and brother-in-law whom have had 3 Camry's, and all three have had problems with their ABS and Brake lights coming on. Apparently, however, they never had the electrical problems I have. Another person I met had a Corolla and she told me her ABS/brake lights also would come on intermittently as well. This has to be an ongoing problem with Toyota, and I cannot understand why they don't address it, instead of denying it. For me, I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER TOYOTA as I feel I have a lemon for a car, and will not put the money into fixing it as, for one, I don't have the money, so have been dealing with this for almost a year, until I can finally get another car.

I was even told by the dealership, once I found out what the problem was, to call Toyota as they don't like unhappy customers, and that maybe they would even pay for half of it at least. What a joke! They will do nothing.

- , Bluffton, SC, USA

Jun 012011

Camry ES V6

Bought the car and couldn't understand why dashboard would get bright and then strangely dim. Took the car in and they said it was normal!!! I finally got tired of taking it in--so the car's been a pain in the you know what as the lights go all over the place. Piece of crap car that cost a lot of money. Should have bought a Pinto or a Pacer from years ago--they are better than the mess the 2007 Camry is. Toyota should be ashamed of their shoddy workmanship and quality control. I think the car mechanics at Toyota get bonuses if they can screw over their customers. They can't ever seem to find what's wrong until the warranty expires!!! Toyota is not worth the price--go with any other brand and you will be more satisfied than I am right now.

- , Kalama, WA, USA

Feb 132013

Camry LE 4 cil

Hi.. Can I fix this problem.... It starts in the dash gauges....the speedometer goes down, the brake light turns on at the same time the air condition don't work...it occurred in a few minute. I read others complain with the same symptoms but I don't now how to fix it. I hope Toyota or some person will read this other complaints and report the solutions....Thanks

- , Ceiba, Puerto Rico, Puerto Rico

Jun 222013

Camry LE 4 cyl

I have a 2007 Toyota camry le with 78,000 miles. One day while driving all my dashboard gauges went crazy. Abs, brake lights came on. Speed, rmps went crazy. Temp gauge went down. Car ran fine, lasted a couple of minutes. This happened a couple of more times. I googled it and found numerous people with the same problem. Turned out Toyota's abs system which is bosch system has a problem. I took it into Toyota and they proceeded to change out the alternator and the battery at a cost of $100. I had told them what I found on the internet about the problem. They totally ignored me. I picked up the car the next day and didn't get out of there lot when the same thing happened with the dash gauges. Also ac stopped working. Car back at dealership being worked on. I think Toyota knows there is a problem with their abs system, but because of how expensive the part is to replace will not recall these vehicles.

- , Tampa, Florida, USA

Oct 162012

Camry

I have a 2007 Toyota Camry, it has about 150,000 miles on it. Bought it used, in great condition. Then all of a sudden, the dashboard panel gauges started started to fluctuate sporadically. The speedometer and odometer bounce up and down, or just stop working all together. At the same time the air conditioner and defroster stops working, the brake and ABS lights come on....then everything goes back to normal for about five minutes. I took it to the Toyota Dealer, and they said they thought it was a "module", but couldn't tell which one it was. ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? The dealer doesn't know which modules control what? Charged me $200.00 to tell me that they could start replacing them until they figured out which one it was....to the tune of up $7,200.00. Texas heat will make you mad anyway, but throw in no air conditioning...well, you get the point.

- , Garland, Texas, USA