- March 26: Toyota and Lexus Melting Dashboard Lawsuit Filed, Again news | 0 days ago
- March 25: Toyota Tire Savings Event Lawsuit Says Event Isn't a Good Deal news | 1 days ago
- February 16: Toyota Mirai Fuel Cell Cars Recalled, All 2,840 of Them recalls | 38 days ago
- January 26: Toyota Tundra Recalled to Fix Step Bumpers recalls | 59 days ago
- January 13: Toyota Recalls 543,000 Vehicles to Replace Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 72 days ago
NHTSA — Engine And Engine Cooling: Exhaust System Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: An increasing number of Toyotas are experiencing excessive oil consumption and the 2007 Camry seems to be leading the charge.
Owners are reporting that their engines are deprived of oil halfway through their maintenance schedules and in some cases the damage is so bad that entirely new engines need to be installed, paid out of pocket. The issue may be a result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.
Toyota has issued a TSB for this problem, but maintains their stance that vehicles equipped with a 2AZ-FE engine are burning through a “normal” amount of oil.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 31,667 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
exhaust system problem