- November 23: Toyota Dashboard Melting? Lawsuit Says It Can Happen
- November 12: Toyota Recalls 360,000 Cars, Including 170,000 Toyota Camrys
- November 4: Toyota Recalls Avalon and Camry Cars That Could Lose Steering Control
- October 20: Toyota Recalls 247,000 Vehicles To Replace Dangerous Air Bag Inflators
- October 14: Toyota Recalls 1.7 Million Vehicles Worldwide
NHTSA — Steering: Column Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: An increasing number of Toyotas are experiencing excessive oil consumption and the 2007 Camry seems to be leading the charge.
Owners are reporting that their engines are deprived of oil halfway through their maintenance schedules and in some cases the damage is so bad that entirely new engines need to be installed, paid out of pocket. The issue may be a result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.
Toyota has issued a TSB for this problem, but maintains their stance that vehicles equipped with a 2AZ-FE engine are burning through a “normal” amount of oil.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 0 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.