- September 17: Toyota Recalls 423,500 RAV4 SUVs To Fix Windshield Wiper Problems
- September 6: Southeast Toyota Distributors Recalls Prius C and 4Runner
- August 27: Toyota and Lexus Unintended Acceleration Investigation Shot Down
- August 8: The Effect 'Social Media' Has After a Car Recall
- July 19: Toyota Corolla Electric Power Steering Lawsuit Agreed Upon
NHTSA — Steering Problems
2007 Toyota Camry (Page 1 of 4)
CarComplaints.com Notes: An increasing number of Toyotas are experiencing excessive oil consumption and the 2007 Camry seems to be leading the charge.
Owners are reporting that their engines are deprived of oil halfway through their maintenance schedules and in some cases the damage is so bad that entirely new engines need to be installed, paid out of pocket. The issue may be a result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.
Toyota has issued a TSB for this problem, but maintains their stance that vehicles equipped with a 2AZ-FE engine are burning through a “normal” amount of oil.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 13 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 6 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 46,277 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.