CarComplaints.com Notes: An increasing number of Toyotas are experiencing excessive oil consumption and the 2007 Camry seems to be leading the charge.

Owners are reporting that their engines are deprived of oil halfway through their maintenance schedules and in some cases the damage is so bad that entirely new engines need to be installed, paid out of pocket. The issue may be a result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.

Toyota has issued a TSB for this problem, but maintains their stance that vehicles equipped with a 2AZ-FE engine are burning through a “normal” amount of oil.

2007 Toyota Camry suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Toyota Camry:

2007 Toyota Camry Owner Comments (Page 4 of 4)

Jan 152010

Camry

I have a 2007 Toyota Camry and I feel a vibration between 40 and 42 mph, particularly during highway driving. I have the tires rotated and checked on a regular basis and the road conditions are smooth and dry.

- Trinity, NC, USA

Dec 062007

Camry

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Camry. The contact stated that since the vehicle was purchased, the struts have been replaced five times. The defective struts have caused the tires to wear faster than usual. The contact had to replace the tires at 30,000 miles. The dealer stated that the struts are leaking and since there is no recall he will be responsible for the repairs. The contact stated that the manufacturer should be responsible for the repairs since this is a safety issue. The failure mileage was 42,000.

- San Jose, CA, USA

Oct 212009

Camry

Vehicle has 29000 miles. All tires are worn out and had to be replaced per Toyota dealer inspection. Bought 4 tires at Bridgestone (original tire manufacturer). Bridgestone said all 4 struts are leaking and might have contributed to the premature tire worn out. Toyota's response is: Warranty is 3 yrs or 36000 miles which ever comes first, and vehicle turned 3 yrs in July 09. Therefore it is not under warranty. It is quite a coincidence that all struts started leaking right after vehicle turned 3 yrs and therefore not under warrant any more even though vehicle still has 6000 miles to reach 36000 miles.

- Providence, RI, USA

Feb 242009

Camry

I bought a 2007 Toyota Camry brand new and had it 2 days when needing to take it back to the dealership for a front end problem. The subframe bolts were loose and needed to be tightened and aligned. I have worn out 3 sets of tires in 2 years. The car only has 50K miles on it. All different brands of tires used and the first 2 wore out at 18,000 miles but the last wore out at around 5,000. It has been on an alignment rack 3 times and each time needing small adjustments. The car also has a binding noise upon turning the wheel to the left. Called dealerships and they will do nothing or even confirm that there is a problem with car. I am disguised. I have spent over $1000 on a car that is still new. Help with all the money Toyota is making they should be held accountable and have a recall on the issues and reimburse owners. I do not expect to put hundreds of dollars out on a new vehicle.

- Pottsville, PA, USA

Apr 132008

Camry

Struts are leaking at 34,000 miles on 2007 Camry. I was told by dealer that there is bulletin on leaking strut. But Toyota will replace it only if it is leaking heavily. They do not replace under warranty if it ldo not leaks heavily. This is safety issue. (1) Toyota new about strut issues but never notified owner. (2) Toyota is unwilling to replace even leaky ones (3) they do not pay for alignment after strut replacement. Which they should.

- Fremont, CA, USA

Oct 292007

Camry 4-cyl

Vibration throughout speed range, very noticeable at highway speeds. Three sets of tires, two sets of wheels, multiple attempts to balance wheels.

- Buxton, ME, USA

Apr 132007

Camry 4-cyl

One car accident. Front end shimmy led to an uncontrollable spin in right lane of highway (62-63 mph in a 65 zone, road dry, no sand, ice, water, oil), spun into left guardrail, bounced off and hit right side guardrail head on 45-60 mph. Front/knee airbags did not deploy, seatbelt caught too late, leading to driver (only person in car) hitting head on steering wheel and knee on center console. Injuries include concussion, whiplash, right knee/hip pain/damage, headaches, backaches, dizziness, neck/back soreness, forgetfulness following accident (random short term memory loss). Car totaled (front end destroyed, other damage), problem reported to Toyota. Toyota rep appeared to be trying to blame driver on airbag/seatbelt failures but is sending investigator to check auto. Insurance company has inspected vehicle. Driver not ticketed by police (deemed not at fault for accident).

- Meriden, CT, USA

Nov 012006

Camry

Suspension and steering. I have noticed when I am driving on the freeway at a speed of about 60+mph, that any dips or bumps causes my cars to sway side to side, and the steering wheel jerks in a different direction. I took my car to the dealership on 11/11/06 and they could not duplicate the problem. I know why, because they did not do a true test drive. My car was checked in with 3544 miles and when I left the dealership something told me to check my mileage and it showed 3548 and at that time I was 1/2 a mile from the dealership. So, I know they did not take my car on the highway, so I will be taking my car back.

- Little Rock, AR, USA

Oct 312006

Camry 6-cyl

Since new the alignment is off on car. Steering wheel and wheels are not in "sync". when turning left it seems to flex the body of car. Two separate dealers attempted to correct with poor results. Car now has 400 miles and same problem.

- Staten Island, NY, USA

Sep 212006

Camry 6-cyl

There is a clunking noise coming from the steering wheel when my car loaded with 4 people.

- Lowell, MA, USA

Sep 102006

Camry 4-cyl

Vehicle floats at highway speeds as if the wind was pushing the car side to side.

- Port Deposit, MD, USA

Aug 112006

Camry 6-cyl

My 2007 Camry has defective suspension components that results in the inability to safely carry more than two (2) people. My wife and I traveled out of town on vacation and we attempted to take two other family members with us but were not able to do this. The rear of the vehicle dropped very low when the four of us loaded up and started to depart on our trip. The car was very hard to drive and any bumps on the highway caused the car to actually bottom out on the suspension stops. Oncoming vehicles at night were flashing their high beam lights because my car's lights were aimed too high as a result of the suspension sagging in the rear. Another problem with the car is the windshield wipers operating at the high speed setting during heavy rain. The car actually rocks laterally side to side as the wiper arms sweep across the windshield. This motion is very severe and is very totally unacceptable. The car has a very loud wind noise at highway speeds on both the driver and passenger sides, also driving in a heavy rain, the water displaced by the front tires sounds like it is coming into the front driver and passenger compartment causing a very loud noise. I have owned several Toyota Camry vehicles, the last one prior to this 2007 xle was a 2005 xle Camry. I have never experienced any of the problems listed in this complaint. The 2007 xle has excellent power and very good highway mileage. I sincerely wish Toyota motor Corp. Would find a way to correct these problems. The defective suspension has forced me to not allow any more than two (2) people at a time. And for information the owners manual states the maximum allowable load is 900 lbs. The load weight including baggage was approx 720 lbs when I attempted to drive the car on the trip.

- Bloomingdale, GA, USA