- July 19: Toyota Corolla Electric Power Steering Lawsuit Agreed Upon
- July 15: Toyota Recalls 625,000 Prius v Hybrids That Can Stall
- July 13: NHTSA Asked to Investigate Toyota Low-Speed Acceleration Events
- June 22: Toyota Won't Get New Koua Fong Lee Camry Trial
- May 16: Toyota Sienna Recalled By Two Independent Toyota Distributors
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Toyota dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: An increasing number of Toyotas are experiencing excessive oil consumption and the 2007 Camry seems to be leading the charge.
Owners are reporting that their engines are deprived of oil halfway through their maintenance schedules and in some cases the damage is so bad that entirely new engines need to be installed, paid out of pocket. The issue may be a result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.
Toyota has issued a TSB for this problem, but maintains their stance that vehicles equipped with a 2AZ-FE engine are burning through a “normal” amount of oil.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 58,444 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 10 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- new transmission (5 reports)
- not sure (5 reports)