- March 25: Toyota Tire Savings Event Lawsuit Says Event Isn't a Good Deal news | 1 days ago
- February 16: Toyota Mirai Fuel Cell Cars Recalled, All 2,840 of Them recalls | 38 days ago
- January 26: Toyota Tundra Recalled to Fix Step Bumpers recalls | 59 days ago
- January 13: Toyota Recalls 543,000 Vehicles to Replace Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 72 days ago
- January 4: Toyota Rusted Frame Settlement Agreement Nears news | 81 days ago
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Toyota dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: An increasing number of Toyotas are experiencing excessive oil consumption and the 2007 Camry seems to be leading the charge.
Owners are reporting that their engines are deprived of oil halfway through their maintenance schedules and in some cases the damage is so bad that entirely new engines need to be installed, paid out of pocket. The issue may be a result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.
Toyota has issued a TSB for this problem, but maintains their stance that vehicles equipped with a 2AZ-FE engine are burning through a “normal” amount of oil.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 67,828 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 12 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- new transmission (6 reports)
- not sure (5 reports)
- transmission replacement (1 reports)