Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: An increasing number of Toyotas are experiencing excessive oil consumption and the 2007 Camry seems to be leading the charge.

Owners are reporting that their engines are deprived of oil halfway through their maintenance schedules and in some cases the damage is so bad that entirely new engines need to be installed, paid out of pocket. The issue may be a result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.

Toyota has issued a TSB for this problem, but maintains their stance that vehicles equipped with a 2AZ-FE engine are burning through a “normal” amount of oil.

2007 Toyota Camry windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Toyota Camry:

2007 Toyota Camry Owner Comments (Page 14 of 15)

Jun 012010

2007 Camry SE ~37000 miles. Sun visors have failed to hold in position. This results in the visors not staying up and coming all the way down facing the ground blocking the drivers view (as well as the passenger's view). When looking in blind spots, the driver hits his/her head on the visor. This can be very dangerous as the drivers vision is impaired and unable to view out the windshield. Toyota unwilling to correct the issue even though it is a major safety hazard. I have 6yr/100,000 mile warranty and are only wanting to warrant parts for 36,000 miles. Under warranty or not, it sounds like someone will have to be killed before this is corrected. There are many complaints about the Toyota Camry visors online.

- Bakersfield, CA, USA

Aug 222010

Driver side sun visor will not stay in the folded up position and obscures forward vision. It was pulled down to hold up an accordion style sunshade in the windshield and would not fold back up. The failure has not been repaired yet.

- Bell Gardens, CA, USA

Aug 222010

2007 Toyota Camry driver's side sunvisor droops - all of a sudden my sunvisor droops and obscures my vision while driving; seems like poor workmanship for it to fail.

- Heyworth, IL, USA

Jun 152010

My 2007 Toyota Camry drivers side sun visor became loose and fell into my wife's field of vision. Now it is so loose it will no longer stay in the up position. I am removing it and plan to replace it in the very near future but wanted to report this as a possible safety defect.

- West Sacramento, CA, USA

Jun 152010

Camry 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Camry. The contact stated that the driver side visor would not remain in the upward position and would flap down, distracting the contact while driving. The contact removed the visor completely. The dealer advised the visor could be repaired at her expense. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was unknown and the current mileage was 110,000. Updated 11/08/10 * bf updated 11/10/10

- Oyster Creek, TX, USA

Jul 272010

Driver side visor broken and obstructing view. Visor was removed by owner due to safety reasons. Passenger side visor will not stay extended to windshield.

- Orlando, FL, USA

Jul 102010

2007 Toyota Camry, the driver side sun visor does not stay up in the upright position. It fell down on me when driving a few weeks ago to which I narrowly avoided a serious crash. It is a safety issue and it is defective. A piece of their machinery is blocking my view because it doesn't work properly. We have a premium warranty up to 100K miles on the vehicle (bumper to bumper) and we are at 51K miles currently. We took the vehicle into the dealership to get it repaired to which they claim that the sun visor is a cosmetic issue to which they wont replace it. I have visited the dealership on separate occasions with several phone calls to Toyota headquarters to which they appreciate my concern and unless they receive a high volume of complaints about the issue they wont institute a recall. Doing research I have found many of the same issues with other Toyota. They dismiss my claim with cop out replies not taking into consideration the concern for my safety of myself and passengers who ride with me. Please help!!!!! someone sooner or later will get seriously injured or worse killed because of their safety defect. I do believe that my right to see is not a cosmetic issue and a serious safety violation!!!!!! all I ask for is them to own up to their defects and fix them asap.

- Gilbert, AZ, USA

Jul 112010

My 2007 Toyota Camry driver side sun visor will not stay in the up position. It was up when I parked the car and down the next time I drove it. I took the car to the Toyota dealership to get the recall work completed for the mats and acc. Pedal and requested the service man look at the sun visor. He told me it was not covered under my extended warranty and I would have to purchase the parts myself. He also did not remove the visor which is a safety hazard as I cannot see to drive except by holding up the visor. I had to remove the visor myself to safely drive my car.

- Fort Walton Beach, FL, USA

Jun 282010

2007 Camry le, drivers side sunvisor will not hold in upright locked position and subsequently falls into view while driving. Removed due to repeated hazard of obstructing view.

- Vero Beach, FL, USA

Jul 102010

Driver's sun visor will not stay in upright position which obstructs the driver's view.

- New Port Richey, FL, USA

Jul 062010

Driver's side visor will not stay up in the raised position or all the way back towards window in lowered position. Continues to fall into the lower most position, blocking view through front window. This occurred while driving and I needed to use one hand to keep it raised out of my line of vision. Will be contacting dealer/regional service in an attempt to have them repair the problem since it is listed by other owners on NHTSA site as a defect complaint.

- Covina, CA, USA

Jul 012010

My 2007 Toyota Camry driver side visor got loosen and obstructed my view while driving. I could not lift it up to its normal position. I was driving on highway around 60 mph and the visor suddenly obstructed my view. I almost hit the car infront of me. The dealer (woburn Toyota, MA) refused to change the visor and told me it is not covered. I did constant maintenance of the car at the dealer. I hope Toyota steps up and recall the visors ad this is a safety concern and some one might not be lucky like me and be involved in a serious accident due to visor obstructing the view while driving. This is a safety concern, what does the mileage have to do with defective sun visors? we are not talking about a broken radio, but rather something that could potential pose a risk of harm to me and my passengers should the situation not be resolved.

- Woburn, MA, USA

Jun 232010

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Camry. While driving at approximately 35 mph, the drivers side sun visor flipped downward and would not remain in the upward position. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer where the contact was informed the sun visor could be replaced at her expense. The dealer removed the sun visor but it was not replaced. The failure and current mileages were 99,300.

- Little Rock, AR, USA

Jan 012010

Driver's side sun visor keeps falling down. I have hardly used it and the car is 3 years old. It falls down in front of my face while driving and is very dangerous. It has not been repaired.

- Smyrna, TN, USA

Dec 022009

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Camry. The contact stated that the sun visor broke. The contact called the manufacturer who stated that although they were aware of the problem, they would not assist with the repair costs as the vehicle was no longer under warranty. The vehicle had not been repaired at the time of the complaint. The failure mileage was approximately 36,200. The current mileage was approximately 47,000.

- Alexandria , VA, USA

May 252010

While operating vehicle, driver side sun visor broke, obscuring view of windshield. When I attempted to change the position of the visor, it fell off, hit me on the mouth, and slid onto the driverside floorboard. Very dangerous.

- Chapmansboro, TN, USA

Nov 242009

I just have to put this complaint in because Toyota blew me off and made me pay $186 to repair the sun visor on the drivers side that just started falling on me one day when I was driving long distance. I told them that there is no way that a 2007 sun visor on any car should be falling down and hitting the diver they told me it didn't matter that the car is out of warranty and to fix this danger I had to pay. I couldn't drive around with my visor falling down in my face as I was trying to drive so I paid the money but I let them know that this was a safety hazard and that it should not be happening to a 2007 Camry. I have purchased Toyota's since 1982 and after the way I was treated I will not be back to buy a Toyota. Mark my word though the next problem you will hear about are the visors falling down in the face of the drivers. Please check into this before somebody is hurt when it happens to them.

- Tallahassee, FL, USA

Dec 212007

Camry 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Camry. The contact stated that he could smell exhaust smoke emitting into the vehicle from the vents; he noticed the problem when he had turned the vehicle on recirculate mode. He would then see that the recirculate mode was off. He noticed the problem on a daily basis. He took the vehicle to the dealership and the dealer told him that the humidity in the vehicle was the cause for the problem. He was told that there was nothing to repair as it was normal. He had not spoken with the manufacturer to-date. The current mileage was approximately 33,000. The failure mileage was approximately 8,000. Updated 003/30/10 updated 08/06/10

- New Rochelle, NY, USA

Dec 152009

2007 Camry SE; both sunvisors have failed which means they are falling out of their anchors, which are held in place by plastic connectors. This results in the visors blocking the drivers view (as well as the passenger's view), which impair a clear view of the oncoming traffic. Toyota dealership in victorville, California has inspected the visors; they report that this is a common repair however, after contacting the regional service advisor for Toyota, they refuse to accept responsibility for product defect, and advised that the customer simply pay for the repair. The dealer offered to fix at cost for the sum of $100, per visor, plus labor for a total of $300.

- Oak Hills, CA, USA

Oct 312009

Driver side sun visor on 2007 Toyota Camry will not stay up. I took it off so I will not have an obstructed view of the road. But now I need some sunglasses.

- San Antonio, TX, USA