Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: An increasing number of Toyotas are experiencing excessive oil consumption and the 2007 Camry seems to be leading the charge.

Owners are reporting that their engines are deprived of oil halfway through their maintenance schedules and in some cases the damage is so bad that entirely new engines need to be installed, paid out of pocket. The issue may be a result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.

Toyota has issued a TSB for this problem, but maintains their stance that vehicles equipped with a 2AZ-FE engine are burning through a “normal” amount of oil.

2007 Toyota Camry windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Toyota Camry:

2007 Toyota Camry Owner Comments (Page 6 of 15)

Jan 062009

Camry 6-cyl

The drivers side sun visor will not stay up. It just hangs down in the way. It was not damaged in any way that I can see. Just normal use. When driving I have to eiter move it to the side to see. This has caused some visibility problems when it is very bright outside and you are driving into the sun.I had to remove it as it was impeading my vision during driving. Now I have to drive one-handed in order to shield my eyes from the sun. Toyota will not replace as a warrantied item.

- Vista, CA, USA

Sep 102011

Camry 4-cyl

The driver side sun visor just falls in front of your driving view. It is very loose and will not stay in up position. It appears the locking mechanism just breaks very easily. This impairs my view when driving, causing a safety hazard. This seems to be a reoccurring problem with make and model of car for many people.

- Corpus Christi, TX, USA

Oct 172011

The sunvisor of the driver side won't stay in an upward position. It is very dangerous to drive the car with the visor installed, had to take it out.

- El Paso, TX, USA

Dec 062010

Sun visor became loose and will not stay in the upright position. First visor to fail was passenger side, which did pose a visibility issue, but not too severe. Tried to duct tape it in upright position, but it will not hold. Then, just yesterday, the driver's side failed, which definitely causes a visibility issue when the visor won't stay up, or drops down in your face, or hits you in the head on it's way down, only to hang in your view while driving, and not effectively block the sun when you need it to. A friend that owns a 2010 Camry also has had the same issue.

- Lancaster, CA, USA

Aug 252011

Camry 4-cyl

I had been hearing a clicking noise while using my sunvisor, and one day while driving at a high rate of speed on the interstate, the visor dropped in my face (obstructing my view). I took my car to a dealership for repairs and was quoted at $175 with parts and labor. Having this visor either dangling in my face or to the left of my face, is a driving hazard that could result in an accident in which someone could suffer serious bodily harm or even a fatality..........recall please!!

- Clinton, MS, USA

Camry 6-cyl

The drivers side sun visor will not stay up. It just hangs down in the way. It was not damaged in any way that I can see. Just normal use. When driving I have to either move it to the side to see. This has caused some visibility problems when it is very bright outside and you are driving into the sun. Or id I have had to move it to the side it impairs my side vision.

- El Dorado, AR, USA

Aug 182011

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Camry. The contact stated both sun visors in the front of the vehicle broke. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who informed her that the repair cost at her expense was $150 each. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified. The failure mileage was 100,000.

- Clifton, TX, USA

Oct 012011

Camry 4-cyl

I purchased this vehicle from sheehy Nissan on Sept. 25, 2010, with 89,720 miles, one previous owner and no accidents/damage reported to carfax, after having a state inspection done of all major systems. I have the oil changed at regular intervals (most recently, Sept. 23, 2011 at 110,990 miles) and had 100K mile servicing done on July 19, 2011. The engine failed during a drive to New York. Climbing the bridge out of Delaware, the rpms abnormally increased. I saw the oil light illuminate, turned off the radio, opened the window and heard the engine making loud noises. I pulled to the shoulder on the approach to the New Jersey turnpike. When the car came to a stop, the engine stalled and would not restart. The temperature gauge remained at the mid-way point, but a greasy film covered the back bumper. Aaa towed it back to my shop, where mechanics said they could not get the engine to turn. They said the oil pump had failed. Oil was in the engine but wasn't circulating, and they found fresh oil and metal shavings in the pan. I paid $3,819 for a complete engine rebuild for a four-year old car. Searching the internet and this website, I see a number of owners of 2007 Toyota Camry highlighting problems with the car's engine, including sludge build up. I have received no information from the dealer about recalls. The used car warranty covered the engine but its duration was 30 days or 1K miles, whichever came first. In addition, the sun visor on the passenger's side continually slips, obscuring the view of traffic on the right, and will not remain in place - a problem I see other owners of this vehicle report. I don't see a place to enter this, but there were no injuries or deaths because I was able to pull out of traffic while the engine was still running.

- Baltimore, MD, USA

Apr 142011

Camry 4-cyl

The visors stopped staying up, they are not working, first the drivers side broke, it just falls down and will not stay up. Then about 3 months later the passenger side fell down, I have to use a straight pen to mash them to stay up. This should be a recall by Toyota since I read about many other people on the internet who have this same problem.

- Trophy Club , TX, USA

Aug 012011

The driver's side sun visor will not stay in position. The driver's side sun visor is also quickly loosening to the point where it will be a distraction or fall on the driver while in operation of vehicle. This part on the vehicle has had light use and mainly for sheilding glaring sun while car is in motion. Without the proper functioning of the sun visor, it will put the driver and occupants in a dangerous situation.

- Mount Carmel, TN, USA

Oct 032011

My left driver's side sun visor began drooping last week. I noticed a few days later that it seemed to be getting lower and lower and was dropping into my field of vision, obstructing my view. Then, it began randomly falling, which completely keeps me from being able to see where I'm going or what might be in my path. During the course of a 15-minute drive today, it fell 3 times. My car is no longer under warranty, having a replacement installed is almost $200 and I'm learning that this is a very common problem in 2007 Toyota Camry.

- Pilot, VA, USA

Oct 032011

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Camry. The contact stated that the vehicle was parked when she noticed that the driver side sun visor would not remain in the upward position. An authorized dealer was made aware of the failure, but offered no assistance. The contact also stated that approximately eighteen months ago, the sun visor was replaced for the same failure. The vehicle was not repaired after the most recent occurrence. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 62,000.

- Azle, TX, USA

Oct 012011

2007 Toyota Camry. Consumer states sun visor fell off and into the drivers lap while driving

- Escondido, CA, USA

Camry 4-cyl

The driver side sun visor fell down into my vision, almost causing me to rear end another vehicle. Toyota doesn't consider this a warranty item and it is not covered, I have done some detective work on the internet and found that thousands of 2007 Camry owners are having this same problem, some twice after the dealership replaced the first one. This should most definitely be a recall as it is a safety hazard and could be a cause of serious if not deadly car accident.

- Clarksville, TN, USA

Sep 022011

Camry 6-cyl

Drivers side visor will not stay up-it flops down. Safety hazard to drive-removed, but now blinded by the sun even with sunglasses on.

- Grain Valley, MO, USA

Sep 262011

Camry 4-cyl

The driver's side sun visor broke without the use of excessive force. It flops down whether it is tilted forward or backward. I can't see to drive unless I move it to the side, but then it blocks 80% of the view from the driver's window. I have to lean forward to see my side mirror. This is especially a problem at night.

- Friendswood, TX, USA

Sep 272011

Camry 4-cyl

Driver's side sun visor has broken and will randomly drop down into field of view while driving - while this does not appear to affect my wife's visibility (she is 5' 1"), it will completely block my normal field of view (I am 6' 1"). I can only see immediately in front of the vehicle when it does this and requires me to duck down quickly to try to see while trying to move the visor away at the same time. This could have disastrous consequences if it happened while merging or pulling into traffic.

- Newnan, GA, USA

Aug 152011

Camry 4-cyl

I have a 2007 Toyota Camry that I purchased used in 2008. For the past couple of months, the driver's side sun visor will not stay up causing it to fall and dangle in the driver's line of sight. This is also distracting while driving at night, I'm having to lean over or bend down to see around the unusable visor. I called Toyota to see if it was covered in my warranty and was told "no" becasue a sun visor is considered a trim. Toyota needs to recall these sun visors before a person has an accident and hurts themself or others due to the visor causing visiblity problems. I will not be buying another Toyota vehicle!!!

- Krum, TX, USA

Sep 232011

I have a 2007 Camry. My visor fell off and hit my head and I almost had a head-on collision today! this is a safety issue. Now the visor won't stay in closed position and it keeps falling down obstructing driver's view.

- Livermore, CA, USA

Sep 132011

After I got this car, the following week I used the driver side sun visor and then folded back to the default position. After 2-3 seconds, the visor just flipped over from the default position (not from the clip) blocking the vision and for a moment I couldn't understand what was happening, but luckily there were not vehicles ahead of me and hence had enough time to recover. Now the visor wont stay back in the default position properly.

- Augusta, GA, USA