CarComplaints.com Notes: An increasing number of Toyotas are experiencing excessive oil consumption and the 2007 Camry seems to be leading the charge.

Owners are reporting that their engines are deprived of oil halfway through their maintenance schedules and in some cases the damage is so bad that entirely new engines need to be installed, paid out of pocket. The issue may be a result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.

Toyota has issued a TSB for this problem, but maintains their stance that vehicles equipped with a 2AZ-FE engine are burning through a “normal” amount of oil.

2007 Toyota Camry windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Toyota Camry:

2007 Toyota Camry Owner Comments (Page 1 of 15)

Aug 082015

Camry

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Camry. The contact stated that the driver side visor fractured and fell down, blocking the contact visibility. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The failure mileage was unknown. The VIN was not available.

- Macon, GA, USA

Apr 032015

Camry 4-cyl

The sun visor broke when I was using it while the sun was coming down. It's a safety hazard since the sun blinds you. Toyota does not produce reliable cars like they used to.

- Irvine, CA, USA

Jan 102014

Camry 4-cyl

Sun visor on drivers side detached while driving at a high rate of speed. Almost causing a accident. Sun visor on passenger side is rotated downward blocking field of vision.

- New Port Richey, FL, USA

Oct 252014

Camry 4-cyl

2007 Toyota Camry. Sun visor was not tight as it should have been. The sun visor would not stay in place, and eventually it dropped down in the consumers view.

- Boca Raton, FL, USA

Jun 012012

Camry 6-cyl

When toggled, passenger side window opens with a bang. No matter how many times the window is raised or lowered subsequently, this noise will not reoccur again until approximately 24 hours later.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Oct 032010

Camry 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Camry. While driving approximately 30 mph, the dashboard was melting and the surface became very sticky and shiny. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 35,000. Updated 11/20/14 the consumer stated the surface below the windshield became shiny and reflected the sunlight impairing visibility. Updated 5/5/2015

- Miami, FL, USA

Aug 262014

Camry

The driver side sun visor all of a sudden started to come down while driving.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Jan 012014

Camry 4-cyl

The driver`S & passenger side sun visor doesn't stay where it should be, not up all the way or down all the way. Very bad visibility and not comfortable feeling.

- El Segundo, CA, USA

Jun 172009

Camry 4-cyl

The sun visor seems to be defected and kept falling down therefore I had to take it out. And am claiming for a fix or a new one.

- Lakewood Ranch, FL, USA

Jul 282014

Camry 4-cyl

The driver sun visor became loose ad will not stay in place creating a hazard to the driver. The visor is in my face and obstructs my vision.

- Gilbert, AZ, USA

Jul 172014

Camry

While driving the visor dropped down obscuring view of the road. Visor was previously deployed to block the sun. I readjusted the visor to be closer to the windshield then something within the assembly snapped and it lowered. In the lowered position it is in the position where it blocks the most view through the wind shield.

- San Diego, CA, USA

May 302014

Camry

I have seen complaints about the driver side sun visor wearing out on 2007 Camry. No recalls and people being left to pay for repair or to get a replacement. This has happened with my Camry. The visor arm broke out of my visor. It first would not stay up when not needed then it just completely broke. I think this is an issue that should be covered by Toyota. It is a safety hazard. I have never had a car that the visor wore out.

- Hudson, NC, USA

Sep 042008

Camry 4-cyl

I has a problem with the driver's side sun visor.when I first bought it, it would not stay up & it popped when I would put it down.now it broke completely of the attachment.this is ridiculous for just a visor.Toyota uses cheap sun visor and I already replaced it 4 times within less than 3 years.right now my driver side visor keep coming down in my face while driving.it is a hazard and needs to be recalled.Toyota owner need to get together and give this attention it needs.

- Santa Ana, CA, USA

Jul 042013

Camry

I entered my car and noticed my drivers side sun visor was hanging. I tried to put it up, but it kept falling down about 3-4 inches, just so it was perfectly in my eyesight and creating a hazard. I ended up removing the shade completely so I was able to drive safely and it wasn't until today that I decided I would search the internet for a replacement shade for my car that I found countless, identical complaints. This really is a serious safety issue considering it blocks the drivers' view of the road.

- Chandler, AZ, USA

Dec 012013

Camry 4-cyl

The sun visor on the driver side fell down while I was driving, it would not stay up on it's own, almost hit the car in front of me when they stop, which I couldn't see until I had push the sun visor out of the way. This is a major safely problem that I called Toyota about but they said they have not issued a recall on this problem even though alot of other owners are having the same problem.

- Concord, CA, USA

Jan 272013

Camry 4-cyl

In driveway at our home passenger went to move visor and discovered the part of the visor that sits in the holder to keep it in place was no longer firm and appeared to be coming apart. In order not to make the visor inoperable, the owners determined not to try to move the visor to keep it from becoming further impaired. Now when the sun is coming into the car window from the side making passenger or driver vision difficult, the visor is of no use in blocking it.

- Ithaca, NY, USA

Jun 262013

Camry 4-cyl

While driving the visor in front of the driver flipped down in front of driver's line of vision making it difficult to see traffic signals in front of car and some of other traffic. Was able to slow and move visor out of the way. When pushed into upward position the visor will sometimes stay up until the vehicle hits a bump or driver begins to decelerate, then visor flips down into line of vision.

- Ithaca, NY, USA

Aug 292013

Camry

The drivers side visor began flapping down, while I was driving along with my family in the car with me. This unfortunately this was not the first time this had occurred as the driver (myself) attempted to adjust it while operating the vehicle, which nearly caused a collision. The visor no longer would stay put at all and needed to pull over on the side of the freeway to remove the visor in order for the vehicle to be considered safe to drive, and I did not want to put myself and others at risk of going into accident while driving under this unsafe condition. This seems to be a flaw by the manufacturer. I am the only driver of this Camry which is in very gently-used condition.

- Elk Grove, CA, USA

Aug 172013

Camry

The drivers side visor began flapping down. This unfortunately first occurred as the driver (myself) attempted to adjust it while operating the vehicle, which nearly caused a collision. The visor no longer would stay put at all and needed to be removed in order for the vehicle to be considered safe to drive. This Camry is in very gently-used condition, and this seems to be a flaw by the manufacturer.

- Haverhill, MA, USA

Aug 052013

Camry 4-cyl

I have a 2007 Toyota Camry and I purchased a extended warranty when I bought the car in 2007 that warranty expired August 1, 2013 a few days after it had expired my driver side visor will not stay up! I do not hang anything on it like cd holder or anything. It is driving me crazy because it makes it very hard to see the road when I am driving and I feel this should be recalled sense there has been multiple complaints for the 2007 Camry with this same situation and it is a safety problem for many Camry owners. The visor sometimes even hits me in the head when I try to get out of my car. I have had many issues with this car from day one and I am not very happy that this has not been recalled yet. Seems like Toyota does not care for the safety of their customers. Also on top of the visor my shock coil broke on the passenger side which the extended warranty did cover sense it happened before August 1st but now the strut is leaking oil on that same side, I brought it to the Toyota dealer in June 2013 and they told me they won't replace it because even though it is leaking oil it is not 100% broken yet and told me the warranty wont cover it until it completely blows! I told them I have a young child that I have to think of this safety along with mine and was shocked that even though it is leaking oil (which is not good) cause at any moment while driving it can bust that Toyota doesn't recognize it, its not like it will heal on its own so I feel it should have been replaced under my warranty that I paid almost $1000 for when I purchased the car! I hope Toyota will recall the visor issue for their customers. I am going to contact Toyota directly on Monday to see if I can get anywhere with this safety issue.

- Cicero, NY, USA