CarComplaints.com Notes: Much like the 2007 model year, which has a higher number of complaints, owners are reporting that their engines are running out of oil awfully quick. As in, 1 quart every 1,200 miles. Toyota maintains that’s with the “normal” operating range of the 2AZ-FE while owners maintain that’s complete BS.

The issue may be the result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.

2008 Toyota Camry accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Toyota Camry:

2008 Toyota Camry Owner Comments

Aug 072011

Camry

The visor on my 2008 Toyota Camry broke. Up until now I had no issues with the car except that the cd player only works intermittently. Ended up having to take visor off; could not drive with it like that.

- Abilene, TX, USA

Sep 282007

Camry

My 2008 Toyota Camry had problems from the day that I purchased it. I took it back to the dealer and also contacted Toyota motor sales U.S.a. I have taken the car back to the dealer several times for the same problem. The national center for dispute settlement was called by the Toyota motor sales U.S.a. and they also did not resolve the problem. I feel unsafe driving the car. The car races unexpectedly and lurches forward in stop and go traffic. I am afraid that the car is going to crash into something or someone. I have been complaining about this to the above since I purchased the car. The dealer kept my car for 8 days on one of my visits to their repair shop and told me they couldn't find anything wrong with it. Now that the Toyota problem has been made public, I hope that my complaint will not be dismissed as before. I tried to ask Toyota to buy back my car, I noticed the problem when the car only had 16 miles on it. Can you please help? I kept all of the communications between the Toyota and the ncds since the time I first filed my complaints with this problem.

- Roslyn Heights, NY, USA