CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2008 Camry has our “Seal of Pretty Good” but consider it tentative now that there’s an emerging excessive oil consumption problem trend.

Much like the 2007 model year, which has a higher number of complaints, owners are reporting that their engines are running out of oil awfully quick. As in, 1 quart every 1,200 miles. Toyota maintains that’s with the “normal” operating range of the 2AZ-FE while owners maintain that’s complete BS.

The issue may be the result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.

2008 Toyota Camry wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Toyota Camry:

2008 Toyota Camry Owner Comments

Oct 012007

Camry

2008 Toyota hybrid Camry--from the date of purchase in October, 2007 I have experienced surging when I use cruise control and go up an incline or hill. I have accepted this as normal but now am wondering if I have a problem with my accelerator. My understanding is that the hybrid is not on the list of recalls. Can you check this out for me. I am also reminded that I had a defective tire replaced within the first year. Thank you.

- Mclean, VA, USA