CarComplaints.com Notes: Much like the 2007 model year, which has a higher number of complaints, owners are reporting that their engines are running out of oil awfully quick. As in, 1 quart every 1,200 miles. Toyota maintains that’s with the “normal” operating range of the 2AZ-FE while owners maintain that’s complete BS.

The issue may be the result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.

2008 Toyota Camry windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Toyota Camry:

2008 Toyota Camry Owner Comments (Page 2 of 9)

Sep 042012

Camry 4-cyl

My car is 2008 Toyota Camry le 4 cylinder. When I drive this car, the sunvisor not so good condition, loose and difficult fix it. Finally it was broken when I return it normal place. It's could not fit anymore. It was very dangerous situation at that time because I couldn't see due to sunvisor drop.

- La Palma, CA, USA

Jul 012011

Camry

While driving on a sunny day, visor repeatedly flopped down, causing moments where the sun blinded my visibility.

- Goldsboro, NC, USA

Aug 032012

Camry 6-cyl

Driving down the road and the sun visor flopped down. Will not stay in the up position.

- Longview, TX, USA

Jun 202012

Camry

Both sun visors gave way in my fairly new Camry only after 3-4 years of use. I keep my Toyota 6 years usually and never had this issue. Visor has always sounded like it was going to break ever since I owned it. Cheap part.

- Magnolia, TX, USA

Jun 152011

Camry 4-cyl

While driving the drivers side visor would not stay up and would not stay in the folded down position. It was hanging freely blocking a clear view while driving. I was able to get to my destination with the help of my wife holding the visor in the up position. I discovered that my only options for fixing this problem were to spend a good sum of money to have the dealer replace it or to just take it off. I opted to remove the visor. I feel this is a safety issue that needs to be addressed by Toyota. In doing research I have found numerous complaints from all models of Toyota that address this same issue.

- Grand Prairie, TX, USA

Jul 052012

Camry 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2008 Toyota Camry. The contact stated that the front passenger's sun visor would not hold in the upward position. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The dealer stated that they needed to replace a clip to hold the visor in place. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was contacted. The failure and current mileages were 79,000....updated 08-10-12 updated 08/14/2012

- West Chester, OH, USA

Mar 082012

Camry 4-cyl

First the sun visor on the drivers side broke and it wouldn't stay up, which caused a large blind spot right in front of me and it became dangerous to drive my car. I took it into a Toyota dealership, bought a new visor and fixed it. A few weeks later the passenger sun visor broke and it is causing a large blind spot when I am looking for traffic on my left side.

- Yorba Linda, CA, USA

Jun 012010

Camry 4-cyl

Driver side sun visor failed when moved to the down position and flopped around. Had to replace at a cost of $150. It has been 2 years and now the passenger side visor has failed and will not fully open. Passenger side is rarely used and neither side was mishandled. Both broke during normal usage and opening.

- Knoxville, TN, USA

Jun 012012

Camry 4-cyl

The sun visor had been flopping down a bit for the last couple of few weeks, then it just quit gripping the shaft that keeps it in the "non-use' position -I.e. visor horizontal parallel to roof - so that it was hanging down perpendicular to the roof plane, blocking vision out the front of the car. It has not stayed up since. Research online has proven to me that this is a widespread problem with these model year (and 2007 model year) Camry and they do represent a driving hazard, particularly if and when they flop down unexpectedly while in heavy, urban traffic and the like.

- Norman, OK, USA

Jun 122012

Camry

The sun visor for the driver and passenger became loose at no fault to the consumers and it won't stay up. When my car was in warranty the dealer "fix" the problem but it broke again. This is extremely dangerous as it blocks my view because the sun visor keeps propping back down. When I ask the dealer to fix it again, they wanted 120 dollars to fix each sun visor! reading other people complaints, it seems all the model of Camry from 2007- 2011 have the same problems...yet no fix from Toyota. Toyota quality= declining. It seems like Toyota and the dealership is making money off of defects and refusal to commit to quality control to sun visor. Reminds me and others of the "unintentional" acceleration that Toyota refused to acknowledges that led to deaths and injury until the C.E.O of Toyota got questioned by congress. Only then, Toyota acknowledges the problem. In that case the acceleration would become "stuck" causing the car to accelerates. Last car I would buy from Toyota until the problem is fixed free of charges to all customers. Honda, Hyundai, Ford, GM anyone?

- Torrance, CA, USA

Jun 122012

Camry

Both of my sun visors have broken on my 2008 Toyota Camry. I have only owned the car for 9 months.

- Winter Haven, FL, USA

Jun 012012

Camry

Driver side sun visor will not stay up. Dealership wants over $200 to repair. Car only has 36,000 miles on it. It is a safety issue and Toyota should repair for free. There is a defect in the device.

- College Park, MD, USA

May 292012

Camry 4-cyl

Sun visor broke and would not stay up. Obstructs field of vision. This is the third time a visor has broke on this vehicle and searching online I have found that this is a common complaint with this year and model of vehicle. No undue stress was put on the visor. Discussed with the parts department at Toyota and they admitted that it was a common problem.

- Scottsdale, AZ, USA

May 122012

Camry

The contact owns a 2008 Toyota Camry. The contact stated that while driving 70 mph, the driver side visor partially detatched and began to obstruct the view of the driver. The vehicle was taken to the dealer and the entire visor was removed. The failure mileage was 50,000 and the current mileage was 51,000. The VIN was not available.

- Orlando, FL, USA

Apr 012012

Camry 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2008 Toyota Camry. The contact stated the drivers sun visor fell from the base and blocked the drivers view. The manufacturer was made a ware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 38,500 and the current mileage was 39,000. Updated 10/3/12 updated 10/04/12

- Cutler Bay , FL, USA

May 102012

Camry 4-cyl

While adjusting the driver's side sun visor the visor broke and would no longer stay up in either position. It just dangled down and severely restricted the driver's vision. There was no way to temporarily fix the visor to make the car safe for the remainder of the trip, and repair necessitated replacing the entire visor at a cost of $140. This is a known problem with Camry and the repair cost could deter people from replacing the visor, resulting in a dangerous situation, as visibility is very poor with the visor dangling down in front of the driver.

- Woodsfield, TN, USA

Jun 152011

Camry 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2008 Toyota Camry. The contact stated that the sun visor would not remain in an upright position, blocking the contact's visibility of the roadway. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer where they advised the contact that the entire sun visor would need to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The failure mileage was 50,000 and the current mileage was 60,000. Updated 06/21/12 the consumer stated she paid $175 for a new sun visor as the dealer stated it could not be fixed. The original sun visor would not stay in place and would fall down and block her visibility. Updated 06/21/12

- Upper Marlboro , MD, USA

May 102012

Camry

My drivers side sun visor decide to quit working while I was driving and suddenly cover my visibility. I have to stop on the side on the road and try several time to put it back. Finally I frustrated remove and put it on the passenger seat. Toyota should do better job on that because I was about to be involve into an accident.

- Junction City , KS, USA

Jan 012012

Camry 4-cyl

The sun visor has broken from it's mount under light usage.

- Stuart, FL, USA

Apr 192012

Camry

The clip in my driver side sun visor failed while on the interstate, creating a big safety issue. The visor would no longer stay up because a defective clip by the hinge failed. Toyota refuses to repair the visor at no cost, even for vehicles under warranty. This should be a recall on those models.

- Theodore, AL, USA