- January 13: Toyota Recalls 543,000 Vehicles to Replace Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 9 days ago
- January 4: Toyota Rusted Frame Settlement Agreement Nears news | 18 days ago
- December 31: Toyota Prius Headlight Lawsuit Targets Low-Beam Failures news | 22 days ago
- December 24: Toyota Sequoia Yaw Rate Sensor Investigation Closed investigations | 29 days ago
- December 23: Toyota Wants Court to Toss $11 Million Koua Fong Lee Award news | 30 days ago
Auto Door Locks Defective
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Toyota dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2009 Camry used to be adorned with our “Seal of Pretty Good” but that was before an alarming number of complaints started rolling in for excessive oil consumption.
Owners are being caught off-guard with how quickly their cars are running out of oil. No leaks, no spills, just 1 quart of vanishing oil in as little as 1,200 miles. Toyota maintains this is “normal” for the 2AZ-FE engine, even though they issued a TSB for the problem in August of 2011.
The issue may be the result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 80,183 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 6 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- door locks (2 reports)
- not sure (2 reports)
- replace door lock motor (1 reports)
- took car to the dealer and had them replace the door lock (1 reports)
accessories - interior problem