- July 19: Toyota Corolla Electric Power Steering Lawsuit Agreed Upon
- July 15: Toyota Recalls 625,000 Prius v Hybrids That Can Stall
- July 13: NHTSA Asked to Investigate Toyota Low-Speed Acceleration Events
- June 22: Toyota Won't Get New Koua Fong Lee Camry Trial
- May 16: Toyota Sienna Recalled By Two Independent Toyota Distributors
Auto Door Locks Defective
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Toyota dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2009 Camry used to be adorned with our “Seal of Pretty Good” but that was before an alarming number of complaints started rolling in for excessive oil consumption.
Owners are being caught off-guard with how quickly their cars are running out of oil. No leaks, no spills, just 1 quart of vanishing oil in as little as 1,200 miles. Toyota maintains this is “normal” for the 2AZ-FE engine, even though they issued a TSB for the problem in August of 2011.
The issue may be the result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 77,220 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 5 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- door locks (2 reports)
- not sure (2 reports)
- took car to the dealer and had them replace the door lock (1 reports)
accessories - interior problem