- February 2: Toyota Recalls Older Vehicles With Airbags That Spontaneously Deploy recalls | 6 days ago
- January 26: Takata Recalls 5 Million Airbags Affecting 10 Automakers recalls | 13 days ago
- January 4: Toyota Yaris Crash Kills 5 in California news | 35 days ago
- December 28: 2016 Top Safety Pick+ Award Winners news | 42 days ago
- December 9: Toyota Tacoma Rattling Noise Gets Enhanced Warranty news | 61 days ago
Auto Door Locks Defective
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Toyota dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2009 Camry used to be adorned with our “Seal of Pretty Good” but that was before an alarming number of complaints started rolling in for excessive oil consumption.
Owners are being caught off-guard with how quickly their cars are running out of oil. No leaks, no spills, just 1 quart of vanishing oil in as little as 1,200 miles. Toyota maintains this is “normal” for the 2AZ-FE engine, even though they issued a TSB for the problem in August of 2011.
The issue may be the result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 77,220 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 5 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- door locks (2 reports)
- not sure (2 reports)
- took car to the dealer and had them replace the door lock (1 reports)
accessories - interior problem