CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2009 Camry used to be adorned with our “Seal of Pretty Good” but that was before an alarming number of complaints started rolling in for excessive oil consumption.

Owners are being caught off-guard with how quickly their cars are running out of oil. No leaks, no spills, just 1 quart of vanishing oil in as little as 1,200 miles. Toyota maintains this is “normal” for the 2AZ-FE engine, even though they issued a TSB for the problem in August of 2011.

The issue may be the result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.

6.0

2. took car to the dealer and had them replace the door lock (1 reports)
2009 Toyota Camry accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Toyota Camry:

2009 Toyota Camry Owner Comments

Nov 052011

Camry

My car locks takes turns not working and alot of the time only one will work. You have to manually lock and unlock the doors it didn't happen until my warranty ran out.

- , Irvington, Alabama, USA

Oct 302009

Camry SE 4 cyl

This was about one month after I purchased my 2009 Camry SE. The back passenger's side door lock stopped working when I tried to use the auto door locks from the button on my driver's side door, and the button on my key. I took it to the Toyota dealer, and wasted about 5 hours of my life waiting on it. I think that they said they replaced an actuator. It's funny because a few months later the same thing happened to the Driver's side door. I had to go back to the dealer, and have it fixed also. Then guess what....yep, it happened again to the passenger's side door. This was at about 34k miles. Right before my warranty expired. And now recently the rear driver's side door has the same problem. But my warranty is now expired because I have 45k miles on my car. So I guess I will be repairing this one! This is SO annoying. Does Toyota just use really cheap parts???

- , Daphne, Alabama, USA