- June 28: Toyota Recalls Prius, Prius Plug-In Hybrid and Lexus CT 200h recalls | 3 days ago
- June 22: Toyota Sued After Carjacking and 4 Fatalities news | 9 days ago
- June 20: Southeast Toyota Distributors Recalls Weight Labels recalls | 11 days ago
- June 18: Toyota Sequoia 'VSC' Trac Light Problems Investigated investigations | 13 days ago
- June 15: Which New Cars Are Being Sold With Takata Airbags? news | 16 days ago
Defective Exterior Paint
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2009 Camry used to be adorned with our “Seal of Pretty Good” but that was before an alarming number of complaints started rolling in for excessive oil consumption.
Owners are being caught off-guard with how quickly their cars are running out of oil. No leaks, no spills, just 1 quart of vanishing oil in as little as 1,200 miles. Toyota maintains this is “normal” for the 2AZ-FE engine, even though they issued a TSB for the problem in August of 2011.
The issue may be the result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 21,581 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 14 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (7 reports)
- repaint entire car (6 reports)
- clear coat peeling off (1 reports)
body / paint problem