- July 25: Toyota Sienna Sliding Door Lawsuit Says Systems Are Defective news | 2 days ago
- July 22: Toyota Recalls Avalon Hybrid and Camry Hybrid recalls | 5 days ago
- July 20: Southeast Toyota Distributors Recalls Tacoma and 4Runner recalls | 7 days ago
- June 29: Recall: Lexus ES 350 Cars Can Lose Steering Control recalls | 28 days ago
- June 20: Toyota Sienna Power Sliding Door Lawsuit Filed in Missouri news | 37 days ago
NHTSA — Structure Problems
2009 Toyota Camry (Page 5 of 6)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2009 Camry used to be adorned with our “Seal of Pretty Good” but that was before an alarming number of complaints started rolling in for excessive oil consumption.
Owners are being caught off-guard with how quickly their cars are running out of oil. No leaks, no spills, just 1 quart of vanishing oil in as little as 1,200 miles. Toyota maintains this is “normal” for the 2AZ-FE engine, even though they issued a TSB for the problem in August of 2011.
The issue may be the result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 1 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 2 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 33,030 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.
body / paint problem