- February 16: Toyota Mirai Fuel Cell Cars Recalled, All 2,840 of Them recalls | 8 days ago
- January 26: Toyota Tundra Recalled to Fix Step Bumpers recalls | 29 days ago
- January 13: Toyota Recalls 543,000 Vehicles to Replace Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 42 days ago
- January 4: Toyota Rusted Frame Settlement Agreement Nears news | 51 days ago
- December 31: Toyota Prius Headlight Lawsuit Targets Low-Beam Failures news | 55 days ago
Frequent Battery Replacement
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2009 Camry used to be adorned with our “Seal of Pretty Good” but that was before an alarming number of complaints started rolling in for excessive oil consumption.
Owners are being caught off-guard with how quickly their cars are running out of oil. No leaks, no spills, just 1 quart of vanishing oil in as little as 1,200 miles. Toyota maintains this is “normal” for the 2AZ-FE engine, even though they issued a TSB for the problem in August of 2011.
The issue may be the result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 17,000 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 1 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (1 reports)