- January 21: Toyota To Replace Melting, Cracked, Sticky Shiny Dashboards
- January 21: Southeast Toyota Distributors Recall 5,000 Toyota and Scion Vehicles
- January 17: Toyota Prius V Recalled To Repair Airbag Problems
- November 26: Toyota Sienna Recalled To Fix Overhead Assist Grips
- November 23: Toyota Dashboard Melting? Lawsuit Says It Can Happen
Frequent Battery Replacement
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2009 Camry used to be adorned with our “Seal of Pretty Good” but that was before an alarming number of complaints started rolling in for excessive oil consumption.
Owners are being caught off-guard with how quickly their cars are running out of oil. No leaks, no spills, just 1 quart of vanishing oil in as little as 1,200 miles. Toyota maintains this is “normal” for the 2AZ-FE engine, even though they issued a TSB for the problem in August of 2011.
The issue may be the result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 17,000 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 1 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (1 reports)