- July 4: Toyota Fuel-Cell Car Faces Government Hurdles
- June 11: Over 1 Million Cars Might Have Explosive Takata Air Bag Inflators
- June 10: Toyota Cars Still Have Explosive Air Bags
- May 22: Toyota Recalls 510,000 Minivans and Sedans
- May 1: Two Midsize SUVs Do Well in Small Overlap Crash Test
Frequent Battery Replacement
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2009 Camry used to be adorned with our “Seal of Pretty Good” but that was before an alarming number of complaints started rolling in for excessive oil consumption.
Owners are being caught off-guard with how quickly their cars are running out of oil. No leaks, no spills, just 1 quart of vanishing oil in as little as 1,200 miles. Toyota maintains this is “normal” for the 2AZ-FE engine, even though they issued a TSB for the problem in August of 2011.
The issue may be the result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 17,000 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 1 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (1 reports)