- October 22: Toyota Recalls Highlander to Reconnect Brake Fluid Sensor recalls | 0 days ago
- October 19: Lexus Exploding Sunroof Lawsuit Alleges Sunroof Glass is Defective news | 3 days ago
- October 16: California DMV Welcomes Federal Driverless Car Guidelines news | 6 days ago
- October 12: Toyota Recalls Prius Over Rollaway Dangers recalls | 10 days ago
- September 15: Toyota Recalls Prius to Fix Spasmatic Airbags recalls | 37 days ago
Excessive Oil Consumption
2009 Toyota Camry (Page 2 of 7)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Toyota dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2009 Camry used to be adorned with our “Seal of Pretty Good” but that was before an alarming number of complaints started rolling in for excessive oil consumption.
Owners are being caught off-guard with how quickly their cars are running out of oil. No leaks, no spills, just 1 quart of vanishing oil in as little as 1,200 miles. Toyota maintains this is “normal” for the 2AZ-FE engine, even though they issued a TSB for the problem in August of 2011.
The issue may be the result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 80,460 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 137 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (74 reports)
- replace engine block (13 reports)
- toyota says 1.1 qts. per 600mi is normal (11 reports)
- rebuild engine (10 reports)
- situation was not fix. I was told to get a new car (10 reports)
- starting the excessive oil consumption test (9 reports)