- November 27: Toyota Camry AC Smell Lawsuit Lingers in Court news | 14 days ago
- November 22: Toyota Recalls 834,000 Sienna Minivans to Fix Sliding Doors recalls | 19 days ago
- November 12: Toyota to Pay $3.4 Billion in Tacoma Rusted Frames Lawsuit news | 29 days ago
- November 4: Study: Pickup Truck Headlights Leave Drivers in the Dark news | 37 days ago
- October 27: Toyota Recalls 5.8 Million Vehicles to Replace Takata Airbags recalls | 45 days ago
Excessive Oil Consumption
2009 Toyota Camry (Page 2 of 8)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Toyota dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2009 Camry used to be adorned with our “Seal of Pretty Good” but that was before an alarming number of complaints started rolling in for excessive oil consumption.
Owners are being caught off-guard with how quickly their cars are running out of oil. No leaks, no spills, just 1 quart of vanishing oil in as little as 1,200 miles. Toyota maintains this is “normal” for the 2AZ-FE engine, even though they issued a TSB for the problem in August of 2011.
The issue may be the result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 81,832 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 143 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (77 reports)
- replace engine block (13 reports)
- toyota says 1.1 qts. per 600mi is normal (11 reports)
- rebuild engine (10 reports)
- situation was not fix. I was told to get a new car (10 reports)
- starting the excessive oil consumption test (10 reports)