- October 19: Lexus Exploding Sunroof Lawsuit Alleges Sunroof Glass is Defective news | 2 days ago
- October 16: California DMV Welcomes Federal Driverless Car Guidelines news | 5 days ago
- October 12: Toyota Recalls Prius Over Rollaway Dangers recalls | 9 days ago
- September 15: Toyota Recalls Prius to Fix Spasmatic Airbags recalls | 36 days ago
- September 13: Toyota Sticky Dashboard Lawsuit Says Warranty Program is Useless news | 38 days ago
NHTSA — Vehicle Speed Control Problems
2009 Toyota Camry (Page 5 of 10)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2009 Camry used to be adorned with our “Seal of Pretty Good” but that was before an alarming number of complaints started rolling in for excessive oil consumption.
Owners are being caught off-guard with how quickly their cars are running out of oil. No leaks, no spills, just 1 quart of vanishing oil in as little as 1,200 miles. Toyota maintains this is “normal” for the 2AZ-FE engine, even though they issued a TSB for the problem in August of 2011.
The issue may be the result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 65 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 21 / 2
- Average Mileage:
- 20,357 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints: