2010 Toyota Camry body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Toyota Camry:

2010 Toyota Camry Owner Comments

Jan 152012

Camry

Dashboard melted in sun and created a strong glare which is effecting visibility and created a sticky mess which collects dirt and bugs.

- Tamarac, FL, USA

Dec 182014

Camry

On Dec 18th I was making a left hand turn and as I proceeded to turn left on to another rd there was a car that had got up to the high speeds of 75or 80 and I had my left turn. Signal on and as I was turning and he ran in to my driver side door and injured my left shoulder and my neck but my air bags did not deploy and I'm now having to have surgery I hope they can get to the bottom of the car wreck and again thanks

- Forest Hill, LA, USA

Feb 122012

Camry

The contact owns a 2010 Toyota Camry. While driving at approximately 60 mph, there was an abnormal noise coming from the front passenger side tire and the steering wheel vibrated. The failure recurred numerous times. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the tires needed to be balanced. As a result, the transmission and the front wheel bearing was replaced. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 114,000.

- Knightdale, NC, USA

Apr 152015

Camry 4-cyl

On or about the above date of April 15, 2015 I washed my 2010 Toyota Camry at a local car wash using their automated high pressure wash and wax. A few days afterward I realized the center trunk area, that holds the spare tire, held 2 to 3 inches of water, and the right side of the trunk also had water. I have read post after post online stating many other Toyota owners had the same problem, and some have stated the rear window and body panels were not securely sealed from the outside elements when the vehicle was assembled at the factory. In June of 2014 water was getting inside on the carpet on the driver and passenger side soaking the carpet completely. The air conditioner condensation drainage tube had plugged up underneath the vehicle that caused the interior by the driver and passenger side to be soaked in water. There is no evidence whatsoever that this vehicle was ever involved in an accident. The odometer just recently turned over 45,145 miles. Now, there is already an indication of mold, and mold can be deadly.

- Buckhannon, WV, USA

Feb 082011

Camry 4-cyl

In Feb 2011 my 2010 Toyota Camry had a head-on collision with a truck Camry speed at time of accident: 30mph truck speed at time of accident: 10 żż 20mphs combined speed of both vehicles at time of head-on accident: Least 40mphs..Camry sustained an extensive damage and cost of repair 7-8K have pictures and police report.complaint: No airbag in the Camry was deployed (front, side) nor indicator light come of the airbag lit up...it seems that airbag never sensed the accident called Toyota and reported, they told me car did as was designed..so airbag should not been deployed, also airbag indicator should not light up. Initial when I turn the start engine for 5 sec I see the airbag indicator light on & then will turn it off normally. Why/when the accident occured: No airbag deployed for head-on collison nor airbag indicator light lit up? updated 10/27/14

- Alexandria, VA, USA

Dec 012011

Camry 4-cyl

The Camry has a very bad popping noise in the roof, sounds like the car is in a bind when you run over speed bumps or driving on a curvy road.I've contacted Toyota and they have recalls on 2012 models for the same thing but won't talk about doing anything for mine, the dealers say its a 5 to 7 hour job and I really don't know how stable the roof is.my car is a 2010 with 52,000 miles just like new inside and out and Toyota should correct the known problems that they caused from the factory? please help

- Hazard, KY, USA

Aug 202014

Camry 4-cyl

The dashboard of my 2010 Camry is melting, is so sticky.

- Houston, TX, USA

May 212014

Camry 4-cyl

The vehicle was stopped at an intersection attempting to make a left hand turn. The car was hit in the side front from the tires forward so the fluids and bumper were destroyed. Driver did hit the dashboard and no airbags deployed from the side curtain airbags or the front airbags. No airbags were ever deployed to protect the driver. When this car was purchased it was because of the safety of the airbags...which were no help in this accident.

- Arnold, MD, USA

Jan 022013

Camry 4-cyl

While going down the street and braking at around 15 mph I noticed a creaking noise. The noise continued while braking, and going over railroad tracks and uneven pavements. I took my vehicle to the Toyota dealer in town to have the problem checked out. They found out that the body structure was messed up. The (A-pillar) was not connected to the main frame. They told me there was nothing they could do about the problem, that I would have to take it to a body shop to be welded, they also said and gave me paperwork saying it was a defect in the 2007-2011 Toyota models.

- Bakersfield, CA, USA

Nov 212012

Camry

The contact owns a 2010 Toyota Camry. The contact stated the vehicle trunk was defective since it would unlocked independently. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and current mileage was 22,000.

- Ponca, OK, USA

Oct 012012

Camry 4-cyl

Since the past 60 days there has been a popping, creaking and metal flexing noise emanating from the roof panel especially pronounced when crossing over any uneven pavement surface, the noise began at 40,000 miles, 4000 miles after the manufacturer warranty expired, my research shows that this is an inherent problem with several Toyota models especially the Camry and has been evident since model year 2007 with sun/moon roof installations, on contacting the dealership I was informed that they are aware of the problem and is almost always related to the sunroof frame/guide rails/insulation and have repaired it on it numerous occasions all being under warranty since the warranty has expired on my vehicle I was directed to contact Toyota customer service, on contacting Toyota customer service I was refused any assistance and acknowledgement of the problem, per my research the problem has escalated in some cases to the sunroof shattering causing a major driving and health hazard and possible severe injuries from collisions and/or cuts from shattering glass. Toyota customer service refuses to admit there is a flaw in the design and assembly of vehicles equipped with sun/moon roof and refuse to remedy the problem by claiming expiration of warranty. References: www.toyotanation.com/forum/310-7th-generation-2012/418639-2012-Camry-xle-roof-noise.html brianmorristech.com/?P=939.

- Reseda, CA, USA

Jan 012011

Camry 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Toyota Camry. While driving approximately 30 mph, the contact heard a scraping noise when she noticed that the splash guard had detached from her vehicle. The dealer advised the contact to bring the vehicle in. The contact notified the manufacturer who took a complaint. The current mileage was 18,000 and the failure mileage was 17,000. Updated 4/11/2011 updated 04/29/11

- Willbraham, MA, USA

Jul 312010

Camry

Rear window of a 2010 Toyota Camry with approximately 7800 miles (rental) exploded while at a complete stop in traffic. No sign of foreign object striking window. Two areas of glass failure were noted, roughly following the radius of the glass on either side in a vertical pattern as it bends to meet the rear pillars. The window remained intact (albeit shattered) long enough to record it on my iphone, clearly showing two areas of failure with gaps of 1/4-1.5 inches between the center (flatter) portion of the glass and the left and right sides where it bends to meet the rear pillars. The widow fell into the car as soon as I resumed movement on the street. The sound was like that of a gunshot, loud enough to draw a crown of pedestrians in the area who witnessed it.

- Irvine, CA, USA