2010 Toyota Camry engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Toyota Camry:

2010 Toyota Camry Owner Comments (Page 7 of 7)

Jul 262009

Camry 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Toyota Camry. While driving approximately 5 mph into a parking space the vehicle suddenly accelerated without warning causing the vehicle to crash into a building. The contact was not injured. A police report was filed. The vehicle was taken to the dealer and the contact was informed that the failure could not be reproduced. There were no prior warnings. The current and failure mileages were 286. Updated 02/17/10. The air bags did not deploy. Updated 02/19/10.

- Norwalk, CT, USA

Sep 172009

I approached the main intersection in my 2010 Camry from a side street at a stop sign. When I put my foot on the brake the car continued to accelerate into the main intersection. I collided with an oncoming car causing approx. $3400. There were no injuries and the damage to the front of the car was repaired. Only the body damage was corrected on the vehicle. No internal repairs have been made as of yet.

- Haddon Heights, NJ, USA

Oct 192009

Camry 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Toyota Camry. While driving 45 mph the vehicle began to rapidly accelerate. Consequently he rear-ended another vehicle. A police report was filed. The vehicle was towed to a collision center, because it was completely destroyed. The failure and current mileages were 27. Updated 01/15/10. Updated 01/19/10

- Fontano, CA, USA

Nov 242009

11/24/09 I was driving my 2010 Camry in a parking lot. My children were in the back seat. I was traveling 10 mph. My right foot was not on the gas, nor the brake, the torque of the engine was sufficient for moving us along while looking for a parking space. My right foot was above the brake as I was slowly looking for a parking spot. Suddenly, I heard a very loud vvrrooommmm and the car spontaneously accelerated and lunged forward approximately 20 feet. Thankfully, I was able to brake quickly and stopped the car. I then took it to the dealership. Conicelli ran a diagnostic on my car. Later that day when I picked up the car, they said they found nothing. When I asked them where the "spontaneous acceleration" (a problem Toyota earlier in the day told me they were having) would have appeared on the diagnostic, they were at a loss. Let me be very clear that there was not a floor mat in the driver's side. I do not believe the "spontaneous acceleration" was caused by the "mat issue." I know my experience was real and not caused by driver error. I feel the problem is elsewhere and exacerbated for some drivers because they had the floor mats in place. Please press Toyota to get to the bottom of this issue. I no longer feel safe in my 2010 Toyota Camry that I bought for safety reasons in the first place. Thank you.

- Springfield, PA, USA

Nov 022009

The contact owns a 2010 Toyota Camry. When lightly applying pressure to the accelerator pedal at a stop light, the vehicle accelerated 40 mph past the intended speed. The failure occurred on three separate occasions. The vehicle has not been taken to the dealer, nor has the manufacturer been notified. The failure mileage was 920.

- Cary, NC, USA