2010 Toyota Camry miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Toyota Camry:

2010 Toyota Camry Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Feb 012010

Camry 4-cyl

2010 Toyota Camry. Consumer states they were not notified of recall which included their vehicle before the signing of their lease. Consumer seeks authorization to return vehicle and receive return of deposit paid updated 07/09/10. Updated 07/29/10 updated 08/03/10

- Grand Rapids, MI, USA

Nov 052009

I purchased a new 2010 Toyota Camry in Oct-2009 and I realized after 2-3 weeks that there is something wrong in there. The RPM goes high (and tries to stay there) when down-shifting even without the leg is off the gas paddle. While I understand that downshifting may increase RPM but then I feel like it wants to stay there by means of some un-intended acceleration. When I realized that there is something wrong, I just ignored the issue because I did not want to take the car to the dealer and let them mess it up further. I thought this is happening because it is a new car. After few miles driven, the issue will go away. But when I learned about the un-intended acceleration in January 2010, I realized that the issue is more serious and I should not ignore any more. I went to dealer but as I expected, they did not take it seriously and told me that the car runs as per design. I went for the recall too but it did not make any difference. Being an engineer, I myself have established few simple test cases where one can prove that there is definately something wrong in the car. And if the car runs as per design, then there is something wrong in the design itself. I knew in advance that taking the car to the dealership was not going to work. I purchased a new vehicle so that I can keep on driving it nicely for years to come but I neve expect it to be going to garage for such a serious issue in less than 3 months! I have not received any satisfactory answer/solution to my problem so far.

- Deerfield Beach, FL, USA

Feb 162010

2010 Toyota Camry has repair problems. The dealer/repair shop has been unable to correct the problem(s).

- Unknown, DC, USA

Dec 312009

I have a 2010 Toyota Camry le. My car has driven "differently" since I purchased it. I will be at a stop light, and it will just start moving-even with my foot on the brake. It feels like it drives in cruise control and just doesn't let up. After this recall, I am 100% nervous to drive my vehicle. Is this how it starts? I call the 800 # and sit on hold forever, or I am told further information is forthcoming. I drive 60 miles a day and have a small child. My car is brand new, it should not be doing this.

- Worcester, MA, USA