2010 Toyota Camry miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Toyota Camry:

2010 Toyota Camry Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

May 222016

Camry

Although we did not notice it at first, as the summer wore on the dash became more of a problem. I was headed from North Carolina to Ohio for my grandmother's funeral when I noticed the problem was more than just a sticky dashboard. When driving at night the glare from the dashboard reflects on the window creating a significant hazard when driving. Not exactly an ideal time to find out the car you had recently purchased was barely drive-able at night!

- Elkin, NC, USA

Aug 012016

Camry

"takata recall" I have a 2010 Toyota Camry. August 2016 I started noticing that the sun visor on the divers side was slightly retracting back into position (half position). By September 2016, it was no longer retracting at all making it hard for me what was going on around me in traffic. By the end of September 2016, the visor is completely off.

- Crawfordville, FL, USA

Aug 102016

Camry

Sun visors will not stay in the up position; it affects my visual range. Dash board sticky; leave in area where temperature reaches over 115* F.

- Palm Desert, CA, USA

Nov 122014

Camry

The sunvisor on both side flops down when driving, L call my dealership they said there's no recall

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Apr 192015

Camry

I feel like your dealership lied3 sales men has been fired on the count of this situation I dont like the deal or warranty thathat was offered due to the color of my skin

- Long Beach, CA, USA

Sep 232015

Camry

The dash is lifting in the same such manor from other recalls from other vehicles that had the recall and I believe this should be under that recall as from the heat it make the dash start to lift in spots

- Clearwater, FL, USA

Jun 022014

Camry

Our Toyota Camry has been making extremely loud noises and knocking noises for over a year now. Keep getting told our Camry is not a recall but all the other Toyota that have this same problem have been serviced and fixed and recalled or a tsb bulletin has been issued.. just not ours ? this is ridiculous. I will never buy another Toyota ever now.

- Cincinnati, OH, USA

Aug 082015

Camry

The driver side sun visor (compartment) was broken and fell down under normal use. Since the visor edge is pointing to my forehead directly now as I am not able to put it back to its original position, this is going to be life-threatening in case of a car crash or anything like this. Checked on the internet, and found a lot of complaints on the same issue too. Unfortunately, this is not under any of Toyota's extended warranty or recall programs. I strongly believe this is manufacturing defect and should be recalled by Toyota. I would request that proper actions be taken before the issue manifests itself in a hazardous situation.

- Sunnyvale, CA, USA

Oct 292014

Camry

The dash is covered with a sticky substance. It was just an annoyance but now in the sunshine, it glares back on the windshield and is very hard to see. There has been more than once I have had to slow down or stop because I couldn't see.

- Altamonte Springs, FL, USA

Nov 112013

Camry 4-cyl

2010 Toyota Camry xle has a melting dashboard during sun exposure. The dashboard is sticky and has a very shiny surface, making driving difficult due to reflections. This is a safety hazard!

- Sarasota, FL, USA

May 292014

Camry

My phone doesn't reconnect to the head unit after turning the bluetooth off and then on again (from stand still and driving situation). The only way to reconnect the phone is by turning the car off and back on again.

- Washington, DC, USA

Apr 012014

Cold start noise

- Washington, DC, USA

Sep 222013

Camry

When I operate my heat or air conditioning in my 2010 Toyota Camry I get a strong smell of sulfur in the cabin of my car. I owned my car for 4 years now and the problem started about 3 years ago. No one can tell me the exact cause of the problem.

- Windsor Mill, MD, USA

Mar 012011

Camry 4-cyl

2010 Toyota Camry hybrid. Consumer states odometer malfunction the consumer stated when the vehicle was taken to the dealer the odometer read 15,562 miles and when the vehicle was returned it read 19,296 miles.

- Cincinnati, OH, USA

Apr 122010

Camry

Front end support bracket not welded to frame support. This problem reported to Toyota motor sales on 08/29/10. The vehicle was purchased 08/25/10. I also notified the dealership of this safety defect the same day. The vehicle was sold to me as a certified pre-owned vehicle with no accident history. The dealership gave me a clean carfax history report which I have on hand if needed. Toyota motors sales and southeast Toyota deerfield fl. Have been notified and E-mailed pictures of this problem. I have not received much cooperation with this problem from the manufacturer or distributor. Southeast offered to buy the car back for $4212. This is a 2010 Toyota Camry with 26777 miles. The car was involved in an accident on 04/12/10 in savannah ga. Letter about the accident is enclosed from service mgr. As well as pictures. I want to initiate a consumer complaint for deceptive trade practices and deficiency in service. Updated 03/10/11

- Mcdonough, GA, USA

Jul 082010

2010 Toyota Camry. Consumer expresses discontent regarding Toyota recalls

- Oakdale, NY, USA

Dec 072009

Camry 4-cyl

S10 appropriate handling re Toyota vehicles sudden acceleration problem and other recall notices published by Toyota.*added information 5 pages the consumer stated he examined his recently purchased vehicle and he found it virtually impossible for the gas pedal and floor mat to become intermingled. The consumer stated the problem is much more serious than shortening thee gas pedal and replacing a floor mat as indicated in the recall. Updated 03/17/10 the consumer did not state he experienced any problems, but due to the news reports the vehicle has been garaged. Updated 04/06/10

- Round Rock, TX, USA

Mar 152010

Camry

2010 Toyota Camry owner scared to drive vehicle due to the recall about the accelerator pedal and would like a refund.

- Allegheney, PA, USA

Jan 012010

Camry

2010 Toyota Camry. Loss of value because of recalls.

- Avonmore, PA, USA

Mar 102010

Camry

Consumer is concerned for safety of leased 2010 Toyota Camry due to acceleration defect.

- Lackawanna, NY, USA