2011 Toyota Camry accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Toyota Camry:

2011 Toyota Camry Owner Comments (Page 1 of 3)

Sep 252016

My driver side sun visor can not go back to it's position. It's hanging down in front of me and I have hard time to look in front of the vehicle. It is blocking my view. My daughter is little taller and she drives this car too, and it makes the problem worse for her. I called Toyota and I was told they couldn't help me with that.

- Chandler, AZ, USA

Aug 252016

I have Toyota Camry 2011. The sun visor has fallen. I have no sun visor and I see it as a safety hazard. Called Toyota ca delear- capitol expressway in san jose, they said that it is covered after checking the VIN number. Went there and wasted 2 hours to be told that is is not covered. Called Toyota experience ( or bad experience) line and they opened a case (1609170669) and said is is not covered. I see that Toyota product quality and service quality both have gone down. It is better to buy other good brands and avoid Toyota.

- San Jose, CA, USA

Sep 092016

Sun visor on driver's side dropped as vehicle was in motion. Drastically obstructed my view of the highway. Had to fumble with visor while driving in traffic.

- Mount Holly, NC, USA

Sep 012016

Driver side sun viser fell off while driving vehicle onto drivers lap.

- Campbell, CA, USA

Aug 012016

The contact owns a 2011 Toyota Camry. The contact stated that the connector and the sun visor prematurely fractured without warning. The dealer was notified of the failure and indicated that the connector that held the sun visor in place needed to be replaced, including the sun visor. The VIN was not included in a recall. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 57,000.

- Boise, ID, USA

Aug 192016

Driver side visor no longer stays up and partially blocks my view of the windshield. I have to lean forward to see the whole road and makes it difficult to look at my rear view mirrors.

- Effingham, SC, USA

Aug 182016

Driver-side sun visor broke off.

- Raleigh, NC, USA

Jun 012016

Driver side sun visor will not stay in retracted position.

- Dallas, NC, USA

Aug 172016

I noticed the sun visor starting to sag a bit when I put it up to use it or when I closed it. It had done this for a couple months and I thought nothing of it. However one day when I was on the highway traveling at highway speed using it, it fell down and wouldnt go back up into position to use it or to store it away. It was blocking my field of vision and with the sun facing me face that too was blocking my field of vision. I almost rear ended another car but luckily was able to slow down in time. Apparently there is a problem with the sun visors but my VIN is out of the range of the ones supposedly affected.

- Spring Valley, CA, USA

Jul 022016

Dash is melting, cracking, and shiny causing glare on dash and reflex that glare in windshield causing distraction while driving.

- Port Saint Lucie, FL, USA

Jul 202016

Sun visor driver side is falling down on Camry 2011. Wont stay in the up position. Also took car to the dealership for noise in the steering and they said it was the steering shaft which is not covered under the 5 year warranty. Car only 58000 miles.

- Lynn Haven, FL, USA

Aug 102016

Sun visors have just fallen downward and will not stay up. The drivers side completely fell off while I was driving. Huge safety issue. Toyota extended their warranty on some '07-'11 Camry's, but mine does not fall in the VIN # range they extended. It is obviously the same issue. This should be a recall, not extended warranty on all VIN #'s from these years. Toyota refuses to do anything about it.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Apr 082016

The driver side sunvisor will not stay up making it uncomfortable to drive as it interferes with visibility. It does not help block sunlight as the driver can not adjust it to block incoming light.

- Pembroke Pines, FL, USA

Jul 152016

Driver side sun visor flops down. Fails to stay in set position. In up position starts to fall down. Appears to be a problem in the 2007-2011 year range. Can suddenly obstruct field of view.

- Cold Spring, NY, USA

Jun 222016

Driver-side sun visor will not stay up. Distracts driving view.

- Riverdale, GA, USA

Oct 102015

Sun visor will spontaneously fall down blocking visibility. The locking mechanism that allows the visor to stay in one place is defective and it is unable to hold the visor in the up position. This also creates a hazard getting into the car, as a taller individual inevitably will slam his head on the visor as it is always stuck in the down position. This happens both while stationary and especially while driving. This is an accident waiting to happen.

- Kansas City, KS, USA

Aug 252015

The contact owns a 2011 Toyota Camry. The contact stated that the driver and passenger side sun visors indepedently fell down while driving at various speeds. The failure occurred without warning. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 62,898.

- Kyle, TX, USA

Jul 312015

The contact owns a 2011 Toyota Camry. While driving at various speeds, the sun visor fell down without warning and obstructed the contact's view of the road. The contact stated that the sun visor would not remain in the upright position. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 80,000.

- Marshfield, MA, USA

Jul 012015

During the first half of 2015 my driver's side sun visor would not stay all the way and was about 15% of the way down. While this was in my line-of-sight it really did not impede my vision or ability to drive. Mid-2015 the visor no longer was able to hold itself up and was fully down at all times completely impeded my ability to see the road as I am a taller driver. I had to remove it completely in order to drive the vehicle. There is an existing warranty but does not apply to my particular VIN. In fact there are only two 2011 Camry that would be covered under wmi code 4T4. I know I purchased one of the first 2011 Camry as I purchased in may of 2010 (well ahead of the normal release cycle) when Toyota went through their big (brake pedal / floor mat) recall. I only found out recently that there was a warranty available for at least a certain population of 2011 Camry. I have also found out that it is very common for the 2011 Camry to have issue as many other owners have complained via different forums and have also confirmed that their particular VIN is not covered.

- Chula Vista, CA, USA

Dec 022015

Sun visor unexpectedly sagged down while driving on highway, and now permanently in the dropped down position. Quite a potential safety issue when 1/2 of your visibility suddenly gets blocked, and this issue seems quite commonly reported in online forum complaints.

- Round Rock, TX, USA