4.0

1. disconnect neg battery cable to clear transmission memory (1 reports)
2011 Toyota Camry transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Toyota Camry:

2011 Toyota Camry Owner Comments

Jun 102011

Camry LE 4

The 6 speed transmission hesitates on acceleration and drops off rapidly when you leave your foot off the brake. Of course the dealer couldn't find anything wrong. This is just one of many issues with my new '11 Camry. I had a 98 Camry and it was a much better car. Toyota quality has went in the toilet. DO NOT PURCHASE A NEW CAMRY.

- , Louisville, KY, USA

Apr 102014

Camry LE 2.4L

Transmission: Shift hesitation between 2nd and 3rd gear between 16-20mph every 8000-9000 miles. Toyota says the transmission learns how to shift based on the driver. I never had a problem with shifting until the mileage hit ~68000 miles. My driving hasn't changed but something did in the car's computer. Ever since, the car picks up this delay or hesitation in shifting between 16-20mph, that is annoying. It's been to the dealer 3 times. I've had them change the fluid and it continues to happen. Now that it's at the end of it 100,000 mile warranty, they tell me that's the way it's learning and nothing is wrong. Right..I drive 100 miles a day all highway/Interstate. Changed cars with my wife and guess what, it comeS back so I guess we both drive alike. Not likely.

Their solution after days of testing and experiencing the same problem and going back and forth with Corporate is to clear the transmission memory by disconnecting the neg battery wire for a few minutes. Very disappointed with their solution, but it works for another 8000-9000 miles . I just cleared the memory yesterday on the car after 98,000 miles. I can't wait to the day I can trade this car in. No more Camry's for me.

- , Henniker, NH, USA