2012 Toyota Camry accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Toyota Camry:

2012 Toyota Camry Owner Comments

Jan 062016

The contact owns a 2012 Toyota Camry. While making a turn at approximately 5 mph, the sun roof exploded without warning. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 25,000. The VIN was not available.

- Wickliffe, OH, USA

May 012015

Vehicle has defective sunroof due to improper installation from Toyota factory. Defect causes a popping/snapping sound when car goes over bumps. Toyota issued technical service bulletin to repair defect T-sb-0151-13. However only applies to vehicles within 3yr 36K warranty window. Not sure what safety issues may be considered.

- Largo, FL, USA

Oct 262014

While driving at approximately 65 mph the sunroof of my Toyota Camry exploded. It was a loud explosion-type sound. There were no overpasses in sight and very little traffic on the highway.the sunroof visor was closed, therefore no glass debris affected passengers. The dealership seems to insist that something hit the sunroof. The explosion of the sunroof came out of nowhere without warning. My 2-year-old daughter was sitting in the back middle seat and could have been seriously injured with glass shards, had the visor been open.

- La Habra, CA, USA

Jul 012014

Camry 4-cyl

Loud knocking noise coming from moon roof of my vehicle, I took it to Toyota dealer and they said its fixed but after driving 5 miles, it started making more noise, planning to take the car to same dealer again.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Sep 012012

Camry 6-cyl

Sunroof makes a rattling noise like a component is loose. Dealer could not find issue upon initial purchase.

- Palmdale, CA, USA

Feb 182014

On 02-18-2014, I was driving on interstate 55 and the sunroof/moonroof on my 2012 Toyota Camry suddenly, and without apparent reason, imploded. Because I had the sunroof shade open, glass flew into the cabin of the car. Fortunately, although I could feel glass sticking in my forearm and palm, I was not cut and there were no other passengers in the car. Also, traffic was light and I did not crash as a result of it. When the glass broke, there was a loud noise that sounded like an explosion. The situation could have easily caused a major accident. I have searched in and around my car but have not found any object that could have caused this to happen. I believe that this is due to a defect in either the sunroof or the glass. Last April, Toyota had to adjust my sunroof because it was rattling. The repair included adding some shims to it. I was told that by the Toyota service department that the sunroof rattle was a common issue with this model car. I believe that the sunroof was defective.

- Baton Rouge, LA, USA

Nov 272012

I have had the vehicle in the Toyota shop multiple times about the popping in the sun roof. Toyota can not confirm that the rattling in the sun roof is stable enough not to cause safety issues.

- Benton, AR, USA