2012 Toyota Camry brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Toyota Camry:

2012 Toyota Camry Owner Comments

Jul 072016

ABS, brake light came

- Cooksville, MD, USA

May 182015

I was driving on xpressway just pulling onto it, push down on gas to get speed and pedal was pushed all the way to the floor and my Camry would not go any faster then 40 I let up and tried again and still 40, then all at once it started going faster and faster

- Memphis, IN, USA

Dec 222012

Camry 4-cyl

I rented a Toyota Camry 2013 in December 2012. While sitting in the traffic at low speed, I noticed that the front vehicle suddenly stopped near the intersection of buchanan and us 93. I immediately slammed on the brake pad while the cruiser was on, however, the brake did not respond. The rental car did not slow down and kept moving forward. Eventually, it hit the front vehicle. Luckily, no one was injured because of low speed. If it were a normal functional car, the vehicle would have stopped because the speed was very low. But in this case, the rental car caused the accident because of its poor quality. The car was severely damaged. In contrast, the vehicle in the front, a SUV, had no damage. After the accident, I checked the scene and did not find any tire brake mark on the ground, which suggested that the brake system was not working properly. While driving on highway before the accident, I also noticed that the rental car had much slow response from the brake when the cruise was on, and the brake seemed to be much more sensitive when the cruise was off. In order to protect other drivers on highway, I strongly request NHTSA to launch an investigation on Toyota Camry's brake system. If any defect is identified, they should recall all the problematic vehicles. I can't imagine what would have happened if the speed were high, and things could be bloody and hoffifying. I hope one fewer accident like that could be reduced by the responsive actions from the government.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA