8.1

2012 Toyota Camry brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Toyota Camry:

2012 Toyota Camry Owner Comments

Mar 192014

Camry 4-cyl

2012 Toyota Camry. Consumer writes in regards to vehicle brakes malfunction. The consumer stated his wife was unable to stop the vehicle after pushing the brake pedal, which went all the way to the floor. Updated 07/21/14

- Charlotte, NC, USA

Mar 012014

Camry

The gas and brake pedals are to close together. I have a size 13 eee shoe and I have to be very careful to not step on the gas and brake at the same time which has caused unintended acceleration "several times" which luckily did not involve another car. Toyota says they have software installed to prevent this but, it is not helping me. They claim the car is working as designed. I'm a 65 year old professional truck driver with 3.5 million safe miles. I have driven 100's of cars and trucks and never had this problem before. I also own a 2010 Toyota prius and don't have this problem with it! this is my wife's car. I would trade it if it was mine!

- Maumee, OH, USA