2013 Toyota Camry brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Toyota Camry:

2013 Toyota Camry Owner Comments

Mar 302013

Camry 4-cyl

We leased a 2013 Toyota Camry xle on Friday March 29th, 2013 at 9:00 pm. From manhattan beach Toyota in manhattan beach California. The very next day, Saturday March 30th, 2013 while driving northbound on highway 99 near bakersfield at 65 miles per hour to lindsay California from inglewood California, I heard a "ding" sound and I felt the steering wheel stiffen up. I had to immediately hold on tightly to the steering wheel to try and keep control of the car. I then noticed all of the dashboard lights had turned on. I also noticed that all of the gauges were no longer functioning. My wife and I were very terrified as we immediately thought of that poor family that lost their lives during a Toyota malfunction. As I tried to keep control of the car, looking for an exit off the highway, I realized that the power steering was no longer working. The car was difficult to maneuver, but I was able to pull off the highway and take the car to bill wright Toyota nearby. They were unable to fix the car that day and I had to leave it there. The car was in their possession for 6 days as I was told that a Toyota engineer needed to go to bakersfield and fix the problem. Toyota had to replace the whole electronic control unit.

- Inglewood, CA, USA