4.0

2013 Toyota Camry fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Toyota Camry:

2013 Toyota Camry Owner Comments

Jun 012016

Camry

When I am driving while using my cruise control I've notice the car would speed up or slow down on it"S own. It happens very often. So I just quit using my cruise control for fear of something worse happening.this has been going on ever since I purchased the vehicle.

- Valley, AL, USA

Aug 062013

Camry

The dates above are approximate as my car is back at the dealership. The car would vibrate at 20, 40 and 60 mph it would also lose power when taking off from a stop. I got the run around I bought new tires had an aligned changed the fuel being used. Finally they said it was my tranmission. They replaced the tranmission and did a software update. I am now at 100,000 and having the exact same problem. I am convinced this is a known issue from what I see online I have no idea why Toyota hasn't officially ordered a recall! I believe I have a lemon and they should replace my car! my 16 year old daughter was driving she took off from a stop sign and was almost hit from the side the car was vibrating and wouldn't accelerate. This is a very dangerous issue. My car is currently back at pat lobb Toyota waiting on their diagnosis once again!

- Melissa, TX, USA

May 122015

Camry

Sometimes when starting fro a red light, or making a turn, and stepping on the gas lightly, the car will get up 12 to 15 miles perhour and there will be a complete hesitation and and lag and then suddenly the car will take off and speed up. The speed is then controllable and the brakes do work, when this happens, this causes cars behind me to slam on their brakes to avoid hitting me and when my auto speeds up, tol try to contol my car so I do not hit the cars ahead of me. This does not always happen, but when it does, it is a dangerous and scary situation. When I brought the car into the dealer, my assigned Toyota service adviser screamed at me and said " do you know how many drivers come in and tell me the same story"". one hour later he came back to me said " the service tech did not find anything wrong with the car, do you expect us to keep it here and see if it happens again"" MA 10/14

- Delray Beach, FL, USA

Mar 182014

Camry

I was traveling approximately 26mph into an intersection and my car started slowing down for no reason. As I entered the intersection, I started pushing down on the accelerator to get out of the way of the other MA 10/22/2015 cars trying to get through the intersection. As I kept pumping on the accelerator my transmission apparently down shifted into a lower gear and the car took off in a giant leap forward, almost broad siding the car that was passing in front of me. My car has continually stalled many times since then. I reported the problem to Toyota where I bought the car, they said they had never heard of such a thing before. I'm not sure what to do now?

- Santa Clara, CA, USA