2014 Toyota Camry accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Toyota Camry:

2014 Toyota Camry Owner Comments

Dec 202015

First, I don't own Toyota Camry, but every time I drive following behind it that brake lights (led) are so bright that hurts my eyes and makes my vision blotches for awhile. I believe this is unsafe. I hope our government can investigate this and see if those led used in Camry complies safety standard.

- Sugar Land, TX, USA

Nov 042015

Battery died, battery was jumped and the windshield wipers switch fried and short circuited my entire electrical wiring. Resulting in $2,800 in damages. The car was stationary. There was recall on this problem for Camry's and I believe this wasn't fixed on mine.

- Cary, IL, USA

Aug 132014

The rear wheels of a passing truck threw a blanket of muddy water across my windshield as I began turning to the right. I turned on the windshield washers only to find that the driver's windshield washer (as well as the passenger's washer) wetted only about 8 inches of the lower windshield at two points about 8 inches apart. The wipers were ineffective in moving the two low streams of water higher on the windshield to provide visibility at my line of sight even though I am not tall. Finally the wipers began scraping off the mud, without the help of the washer fluid, providing me marginal visibility. Subsequent testing at the dealer's lot showed that neither the 2014 nor the 2015 Camry windshield washer wetted their windshield high enough to be really effective. At my request the dealer replaced the factory installed washers with ones that elevated the water streams by one more degree. Although the replacement washers tended to deliver about 35% of water over the top of the windshield at rest, at any reasonable road speed, to include slow ones, the washers wetted the windshield well enough for the wipers to improve visibility. Toyota could not provide a more effective solution even when the condition was reported to their regional rep. The washers should really be redesigned and replaced for effectiveness under all driving conditions.

- Asotin, WA, USA

Nov 112014

Noise when vehicle reaches speeds over 35 mph. Windshield wiper fluid not dispensing when turned on. Pulling and de-accerelation sometimes at 60 mph.

- Upper Marlboro, DC, USA

Jun 062012

The dash board is melted and very sticky as a result of this it is causing sun glare making it hard for me to see clearly when I'm driving.

- Guayama, PR, USA

Jun 252014

Camry 4-cyl

Bought a new 2014 Camry SE on 6-21-2014...drove it last night to find that the rear window is excessively distorted...through my rear-view mirror I am unable to discern: The number of cars behind me...position of cars in which lanes they are traveling...unable to see what type of vehicle is behind me (I.e. 18 wheeler, motorcycle or a car with one or two headlights). As I look through the rear mirror left to right and right to left, images get smaller then big then back to smaller and so forth. This is ongoing and dangerous for all drivers. It was difficult to safely change lanes last night because I could not tell who or what was in the lane next to me. This is a serious safety issue I think... can you help me? thanks

- Layton, UT, USA