2014 Toyota Camry miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Toyota Camry:

2014 Toyota Camry Owner Comments

Jun 102016

Mold smell in ac vents on summer days everytime I turn on car for at least 5 minutes. Its unhealthy and embarassing to have a 2 year old car that smells awful when turned on. I have read on many forums this is a very common issue with Camry.

- Aurora, IL, USA

Jul 112016

My vehicle was parked in front of my house and the sunroof exploded/shattered. My car was brand new when I got it a year ago. I'm not sure if it had a defective glass or what. I do recall it was a hot day though. However, how come the sunroof glass is not made out of laminated glass as the windshield. Thank goodness I was not driving at that time. We should definitely have sunroof safety standards.

- Fort Washington, MD, USA

Jun 132016

Mildew smell coming from air vent every time using the ac. Using air refresher gives only temporary solution. The problem is worst in very hot summer day. I have a 2 months newborn who rides the car and I am worried about this health concern.

- Ashburn, VA, USA

Jul 282015

Toyota dealer has failed on 2 occasions to fix a musty, mold odor coming from the heat/ac vents leaving me with the unpleasant and unhealthful task of breathing this toxic air every day I drive the vehicle.

- Venice, FL, USA

May 152016

Driving at 50mph when I heard a loud "pop" at first I thought it was a gunshot. I continued to drive only to hear a rattling noise, I slid back the sunroof cover to notice the sunroof had exploded. I contacted Toyota usa to no avail, only to be told they have no recalls. I googled the 2014 Toyota Camry exploding, low and behold there were several other complaints identical to mine!

- Saint Francisville, LA, USA

Jul 172015

Driving on the highway, sunroof was closed, and shade was also closed. Speed ws 45mph, when a loud popspound was heard, pulled over to the break down lane. Sunroof had a large hole in the middle.

- Stetson, ME, USA

Jan 012015

There is mold growing in my ac/heating system that is making me very ill. It is a known problem and Toyota has done nothing about it. For more than a yr. Now I have been experience a serious sinus infection. At a recent maint. Inspection the service mgr. Told me of the problem. My car is fairly new and still under warranty, they want to charge me $185 to treat the problem not correct it! the smell is constant.

- San Jose, CA, USA

Feb 012015

We bought a brand new 2014 Toyota Camry, and there's a mold problem in the ac. It smells aweful. The chemical spray they use to fix it doesn't work. When they spray it, it smells even worse for several days, but then it always comes back. It costs $100 each treatment. Spent $$ trying other products, but nothing seems to work. Very costly and no remedy.

- Draper, UT, USA

Dec 202015

First, I don't own Toyota Camry, but every time I drive following behind it that brake lights (led) are so bright that hurts my eyes and makes my vision blotches for awhile. I believe this is unsafe. I hope our government can investigate this and see if those led used in Camry complies safety standard.

- Sugar Land, TX, USA

Aug 112014

I am writing to notify you of the problems I am experiencing with my 2014 Toyota Camry SE with VIN number 4T1bf1fkoeu307010 and to request that you correct this problem within thirty (30) days of your receipt of this letter. I purchased my vehicle from sparks Toyota in conway, SC on December 31, 2013. Approximately two months three purchasing, I began having trouble with a rattling noise coming from the roof of my car. I took my vehicle back to the dealer for repairs on the following dates: ¿August 12, 2014-invoice 388089 'September 4, 2014-invoice390385 ¿November 5, 2014¿invoice397072 ¿December 10, 2014-invoice400773 ¿July 28,2015-no invoice number but, to date, the dealer has been unable to correct the problem. I have talked to the customer service representative (sharon) and automobile service manager (ken) at sparks Toyota. I requested to speak to the owner but never given the opportunity to talk with him. I left my telephone number and never got a return call. According to your service manager, there is nothing else that can be done to my vehicle. Since Toyota cannot repair my vehicle, I am seeking another alternative.

- Little River, SC, USA

Jun 152014

My 2014 Camry has less than 20,000 miles on it and I am about to be on my 3rd cabin filter due to a moldy smell in my car. I bought this car for my wife brand new and I have complained to the dealership multiple times about this issue. They have accepted the fault and in April of this year they replaced the cabin filter free of charge. Less than 6 months later it has gone bad again, the car smells moldly and my child and wife are surrounded by this moldy smell whenever the A/C is on. I have filed a complaint with Toyota with the request for them to buy-back this vehicle from me as every other vehicle I have owned doesn't need a cabin filter until 50-60K miles. Toyota has acknowledged this issue and fault. I was advised to place a complaint at this time here since this odor is effecting my families health. Toyota has been slow returning my calls and has advised me that this process will take over 30 days from here.

- Kennesaw, GA, USA

Aug 062015

Car time from time will not accelerate it goes limp and take a minute to regain speed or power taken the car into big two Toyota they found no codes and could not replicate the problem a computer software update was completed symptoms remain the same I purchased a scanner from the local parts store to see if maybe I'm just crazy come to find our there are codes present called and talked to one of the floor managers and he said its not important enough to set a check engine light so dont worry about it I believe that was the best poor choice of advise to offer a customer that's bringing in A2014 car that having prombles

- Mesa, AZ, USA

May 252015

The side windows housing has melted on both side windows. This is causing obscure vision when turning. Have not gotten into accident and need Toyota to fix asap before other get into serious trouble. Spoke to company and they take corporate line on saying that this is not normal and that they need more information but never seek information even when I provide multiple contact info. Would love to share pic.

- Irvine, CA, USA

Jun 272014

In June 2014 I bought a 2014.5 Camry brand new. During the first week I drove it the accelerator would not speed up after pressing down & hesitated as well trying to catch up. I reported this to Toyota of orlando & was informed it was learning my driving techniques after a test drive. The report was never documented by the service department & I had to identify who drove me for the problem I reported to prove I actually reported it. It was stated he just forgot. This kept happening very frequently & after another driver randomly drove my car & asked what was wrong I immediately took it in again Nov 27,2014. They did nothing. I was refused to be seen after scheduling an appointment with Toyota of clermont, fl & they heard of my problem. The problem persisted. December 28, 2014 as I was driving with people in my car, the engine cut off at 55 mph. I pressed the accelerator all the way down & it continued to decline. This was reported the next morning. I was told to park my car because everyone was on vacation & not to drive it. They would not rent a car for me in the meantime. Once I was able to be seen it could not be duplicated. This happened again with my children in January 2015 & was also recorded by a passenger riding with me. After that occasion every signal light came on. I took it back to a different Toyota of central Florida dealer & reported the problem & the mechanic stated nobody from Toyota orlando attempted to contact or call the service tech line to find the problem. They added a code to fix it and I left. After 1000 miles of driving the hesitation started again & also the gears could be felt changing by the mechanic who test drove it with me. The Toyota dealership at central Florida gave me a repair order & then a totally different repair order to corporate. I've written the manufacturer demanding my money back & they constantly give me false information. My job was lost due to no reliable transportation and I'm still waiting to go to a lemon law hearing that will hopefully be scheduled soon.

- Washington, DC, USA

Dec 012014

2014 Toyota Camry. Consumer feels inspections should not be performed on new vehicles the next year. It should be performed every two years.

- Gifford, PA, USA