2014 Toyota Camry steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Toyota Camry:

2014 Toyota Camry Owner Comments

Jan 162015

Camry

Driving down highway at 60mph. Vehicle down the road slowed to enter merchant lot. Applied brake. Something snapped, steering locked, wheels locked, tires kicked out. Total loss of control of the vehicle. Skidded down the road until impacting the other vehicle on the side, pushing it back into traffic and continuing several feet until coming to rest in the ditch about 30 feet from several vehicles in the merchant lot. Tie rod broke. No airbags deployed, though I was told it was because of where my vehicle was hit was why they didn't deploy.

- Cassville, MO, USA

Jan 032015

Camry

Dealer replaced worn intermediate shaft noisy and binding steering now ordered and pending replacement of complete steering column under warranty

- Washington, DC, USA

Jan 032015

- Washington, DC, USA

Nov 202014

Camry

I called Toyota (customer experience center) to get more detailed recall information related to my make/model vehicle. The recent recall is for the 2014 Toyota Camry- steering control loss; front lower suspension arm/ball joint. I am a consumer and it is my right to get detailed information on this issue related to my make/model vehicle. The representative from Toyota refused to provide me with any information.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Sep 042014

Camry 4-cyl

I was making a turn out of a fast food restaurant, but when I made the turn the plastic covering over my steering wheel flew off and fell to the ground. I was able to steer and hit the brakes just in time to avoid hitting a parked car. It was difficult to brake since the cover hit the ground and prevented me from moving easily to hit the brake pedal.

- Huntingdon Valley, PA, USA

May 012014

Camry

Recently purchased, 2014 SE V6 Camry with 60miles on it, only 5 weeks old now, I didn't notice the problem until I was on the freeway going about 65+ the first day I bought it, car will not come back to center when turning left or right, I can let go of the steering wheel and it will continue to turn. Feels like im driving on a very rainy/windy day, very flimsy. I would have to constantly correct the car to go straight, brought it in to Toyota dealer four times now, had 2 alignments done by Toyota, still no help, all they keep telling me is, "thats how the car is designed", after that they tried to tell me it was defective tires, which was not true, I swapped out the tires, still didn't help. So you are telling me a car that does not return to center is normal"? I've seen many complaints about this problem online, shouldn't there be a recall?" very very bad performance, I will not let my mother drive this car anymore because of the safety issues, very dangerous car to drive on the freeway.

- San Jose, CA, USA