2014 Toyota Camry suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Toyota Camry:

2014 Toyota Camry Owner Comments

May 212014

I filed several complaints about the tires bouncing and excessive vibration coming from the front end of the vehicle. I was told by the dealer that it was a tire problem, and that I should try 40 lbs. Of air instead of the recommended 35 lbs. I contacted a local Bridgestone dealer and was told not to exceed the recommended pressure. The Toyota dealer acknowledged there were a lot of similar complaints and that it was the fault of the tires, . I have 12,000 miles on the car and the front tires are worn out and Toyota is refusing to de anything. I believe the problem is caused by the ball joints or front end suspension, but can't get anywhere with Toyota. If it's an ongoing tire problem as the dealer says why hasn't it been addressed. If it is a manufacturing defect why hasn't it been addressed. At 50 miles an hour the tires start to bounce and shimmy and the vibration can be felt in the steering wheel. The car feels unsafe at highway speeds.

- Cape Coral, FL, USA

Nov 112013

Right front strut leaking oil and top bearing defective. Dealer replaced strut and bearing. Clumsy mechanic also dented top right front fender!

- Largo, FL, USA

Jul 032014

I have had a persistent noise in the left front end of this vehicle since shortly after purchasing it. I had to the dealer on 7/3/14 (had been hearing it for some time by then) but they said they could not hear anything. It has gotten worse since then and I do plan to take it back to the dealer again. I did notice that there is an open recall (NHTSA campaign number: 14V715000) for this year/make/model for a possible lower arm malfunction, although my VIN does not appear to be included in it at this time. So I just want to get this noted, via this complaint.

- Bloomington, IL, USA

Oct 042014

Camry 6-cyl

Gas pedal on occasion fails to move car forward, when it does the auto jumps forward. There is no pattern to this failure. Auto feels like it does not have any suspension. When driving on highway at posted speed limits, auto bounces around turns as if it was going over small speed bumps in the road. We travel on a state highway and every imperfection is felt by all passengers, and can be seen in vibrations noticed in the steering wheel. The dealer has replaced the tires, but, this has not solved the problem, I was told by this dealer there is a problem with the auto, however, we had to leave this dealership before further action could be taken. Our new local dealer can not find anything wrong, or says there is nothing wrong.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Jan 162015

Driving down highway at 60mph. Vehicle down the road slowed to enter merchant lot. Applied brake. Something snapped, steering locked, wheels locked, tires kicked out. Total loss of control of the vehicle. Skidded down the road until impacting the other vehicle on the side, pushing it back into traffic and continuing several feet until coming to rest in the ditch about 30 feet from several vehicles in the merchant lot. Tie rod broke. No airbags deployed, though I was told it was because of where my vehicle was hit was why they didn't deploy.

- Cassville, MO, USA

Dec 192014

Toyota send to us safety recall notice for our Camry regarding driver side front suspension lower arm.. so I booked day and time with them at fort bend dealer I went and stay there more than 2 H then informed me that the parts need to change and they haven't the part right now !!! come another day !!! I take my car and back to home but actually I am afraid about myself and my kids to this car anymore. They are doesn't care about anything safety or our time or money, finally when I backed to home called them to issue complaint but they put me in hold and no one answer me!

- Sugar Land, TX, USA

Nov 202014

I called Toyota (customer experience center) to get more detailed recall information related to my make/model vehicle. The recent recall is for the 2014 Toyota Camry- steering control loss; front lower suspension arm/ball joint. I am a consumer and it is my right to get detailed information on this issue related to my make/model vehicle. The representative from Toyota refused to provide me with any information.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

May 012014

Recently purchased, 2014 SE V6 Camry with 60miles on it, only 5 weeks old now, I didn't notice the problem until I was on the freeway going about 65+ the first day I bought it, car will not come back to center when turning left or right, I can let go of the steering wheel and it will continue to turn. Feels like im driving on a very rainy/windy day, very flimsy. I would have to constantly correct the car to go straight, brought it in to Toyota dealer four times now, had 2 alignments done by Toyota, still no help, all they keep telling me is, "thats how the car is designed", after that they tried to tell me it was defective tires, which was not true, I swapped out the tires, still didn't help. So you are telling me a car that does not return to center is normal"? I've seen many complaints about this problem online, shouldn't there be a recall?" very very bad performance, I will not let my mother drive this car anymore because of the safety issues, very dangerous car to drive on the freeway.

- San Jose, CA, USA