2015 Toyota Camry drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Toyota Camry:

2015 Toyota Camry Owner Comments

Oct 162016

Camry

Car was parked in driveway, started to pull in garage, when throttle opened wide open, I quickly applied the brakes, shifted into reverse or park, car ran into garage wall before I could stop it. ABS braked system worked and I heard clicking from brakes. Damage to car est. $3,000.

- Powell, OH, USA

Aug 132016

Camry 4-cyl

- El Monte, CA, USA

Aug 132016

Camry 4-cyl

I have a 2015 Toyota Camry le and there is something wrong with the brake and transmission. On August 13th 2016, I was backing out of a parking spot but instead of going backwards, my car moved forward. I tried to press down on the brake to stop the car but the brake did not work. These two abnormal mechanical malfunctions could cause to death or serious injuries. I was so scared to drive my car so I called the dealer's service department to inform them of this problem. They advised me to call roadside assistance to tow my car to their service department. Toyota only did a quick inspection and test drove the car. After, they said the car is in normal condition and the service advisor told me that I can take my car back to service when the problem still exists. This is ridiculous because if the transmission or brake system fails to operate properly while I am driving on the freeway or on a busy street, I would be dead or have serious injuries. I would never have the chance to take my car to their service department. Toyota never admits that their cars have defects or fix their cars. They will only be concerned about their cars after a fatal crash happens. Toyota did not guarantee that the transmission and brake will work properly after a certain time period or mileage reached. A fatal accident could happen to me or other people on the road any minute and I do not want bear any legal liability to the accident. I do not feel safe to drive my car and would like to file a complaint in case a life threatening accident happens to me and my family. Please help me. Thank you.

- El Monte, CA, USA

Jun 202016

Camry

I'd like to file a complaint with my 2015 Toyota Camry xle. I don't feel like the shifter is very safe in this model. I had a nerve racking incident the other day while my kids and their cousins were in the car. I was parallel parking on an incline. I tried to put the car into drive and my car rolled back. I thought, wow, this must be quite an incline. I checked to make sure I was in gear, but nothing was visible on my gear shift or on the dash digitally. I put one foot on the break and one on the gas to ease into what was hopefully still drive, and the car rolled back after I took my foot off of the break. I paused for a little bit, getting really nervous because now I am so close to the car behind me. I told the boys that something is wrong with my car and it won't go into gear. I tried to 'gun it' and my car rolled back or reversed and hit the bumper of the car behind me. I put the car in park and E-brake, and asked the 11 year old to check which gear the car was in, if he could differentiate the color indicator and he said no. But wait, if you cup your hand around it, he could see the 'P' for park. In experimenting now, if the sun is really glaring, you can't see the indicators of the gear, the car dash digitally only shows the gears for about a second, which would be helpful to keep in view on the dash when in any other gear than drive. I was pretty sure I was in drive that day, yet the engine sounded like it was in neutral. I feel like I don't trust driving in my car any more as I was pretty shaken up and frustrated. Needless to say, there is a nail hole in my rear bumper from the ladies front license plate I hit. Fortunately she was really nice and did not press charges. I'm also fortunate that no one was injured.

- Martinez, CA, USA

Jun 092016

Camry

At 10 a.M. on a bright sunny morning, my wife and grown daughter got into my car to go to breakfast, I turned the key to start the car, and turned on the air conditioner. The air was hot, not cool, I looked through the steering wheel to the dash and there was a yellow warning lite that read "check charging system ". I put the gear lever into "D" and the car did not move but the engine reved up, I then put it into "R" and the same thing occurred, the car engine reved up but would not move. I then turned the engine off, then started it up again and this time it started normally with A/C putting out cold air and the auto moving when transmission was in gear. I took it to the dealer and they performed a quality inspection and could not find the problem. They ask me to report back to them should it happen again, with the time, temperature, rain or cloudy day, ect.. it has been about 6 days and so far it has not happened again.

- Abingdon, MD, USA

Mar 012015

Camry

As I am driving at any spend my car shifts on it's own to 2nd gear! the shifter is still in "D". I am not touching anything. It doesn't matter if I am on a highway or my street it has shifted many of times in fast and slow speeds. I have over 30 videos of this problem. I have 3 children and feel unsafe driving this car. It was the showroom floor car and only had 13 miles at purchase.

- Harvey, LA, USA

Sep 032015

Camry

The contact owns a 2015 Toyota Camry. The contact stated that while driving at approximate 55 mph, the vehicle was making a vibrating motion. The failure recurred numerous times. The vehicle was taken to a dealer for diagnostic testing where it was determined that the front driver side tire needed to be replaced. The failure recurred. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where the dry shaft and the transmission were replaced but the failure recurred. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 7.

- Freeport, FL, USA

Jul 172015

Camry

Speedometer disagrees with digital speed readout in driver information center. Speedometer reads approximately 2 mph higher than digital speedometer in driver information center.

- Raleigh, NC, USA

Jul 172015

Camry

Fuel gauge read empty upon startup after 36 hours engine off. Actual fuel level 3/4 full. Gauge read accurately after 4 mile drive and restart.

- Raleigh, NC, USA