2016 Toyota Camry drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Toyota Camry:

2016 Toyota Camry Owner Comments

Jul 012013

While driving we hear constatnt road noise coming inside the car from the day 1 since we bought the new car. I found from all others that they all have similar problem we cannot hear radio or any talking inside the car. Something is missing in the firewall or underneath insulation.

- Ann Arbor, MI, USA

Apr 012016

2016 Toyota Camry. Consumer writes in regards to vehicle did not respond after gas pedal was pressed and consumer had to hit brakes quickly to avoid an accident. The vehicle was serviced at the dealer. They stated the problem was the transmission searching for a gear, while it hesitated and it was designed to respond that way.

- Longwood, FL, USA

Feb 282016

I purchased a new 2016 Camry le from my local Toyota dealership on 02.21.2016. On 02.29.2016, I returned to the dealership with the problems I was facing while driving this car, primarily: Slow-dragging acceleration along with transmission shifting instability. While driving to drop my wife to work on the morning of 02.28.2016 I began noticing inconsistencies in my vehicle's acceleration. As the traffic light (exiting my subdivision) turned green, I pressed the gas pedal and immediately felt hesitation in the acceleration along with stiffness in the steering wheel, giving the car a heavy/dragging feeling (even after attempting to apply extra pressure on the gas pedal). After driving in this sluggish condition for about a quarter-mile, I felt a boost in my car's acceleration, causing a sudden increase in speed forcing me to apply my brakes to regain control of my car's movement. Throughout the remainder of the day I kept experiencing this fluctuation in acceleration (boost/sluggish) with normal driving functions returning periodically. The following day I took my car in to the dealership to be checked. According to the service department, "vehicle is operating as designed"; whereas, the above mentioned complaint is still ongoing. Multiple failed attempts to reach a resolution thru management and customer relations at the dealership thus far have forced me to continue to drive my new car in this condition to be able to fulfill personal/family requirements (as this is the only car I have). This has been causing me a great deal of stress and mental anguish in regards to my number one concern: "safety". not only do I feel unsafe putting my life at risk while driving this car, I also feel uncomfortable risking the safety of my family/passengers and other drivers on the road around me, as this mechanical defect remains persistent and is gradually worsening.

- Houston, TX, USA

Nov 052015

Vibrations between 35 and 55 mph when driving.Toyota is working on it.

- Brush Prairie, WA, USA