7.3

2016 Toyota Camry engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Toyota Camry:

2016 Toyota Camry Owner Comments

Jul 052016

Camry

In July 2016 I was cresting the top of a hill when another vehicle pulled out in front of me causing me to hit my brakes. Upon braking and deceleration, I felt the car momentarily try accelerating through the brakes. This freaked me out and I pulled over to try and figure out what had happened. Checked my floor mat and everything was locked in place as it should be. So I started my car back up, with it in park gave it a little rev. That is when I noticed that when the motor is coming back down on the RPM's, it is actually hanging up, and sometimes actually jumping at or around 1500 rpms. It does it every single time. I have had the vehicle into two dealerships now to be told nothing we can do. I don't believe this is a single vehicle issue...I am the only one lucky enough to have had my car momentarily accelerate through the brakes and said anything so far! I have sat in numerous brand new Toyota with the 2.5L like the Camry and rav4 and every new Toyota does this weird RPM jump on their own and all the dealers said to me was "if the others are doing it on the lot....it is obviously normal" this is not normal and is an obvious flaw in the design of something in Toyota's 2.5L engine. I have been trying since July to work with Toyota and have now decided to escalate it through the NHTSA because I feel this is a huge concern and needs to be addressed!!!!!! I have taken a video and uploaded it to youtube. The link is as follows below. Https://www.youtube.com/watch?V=K9jutpqv2U8&T=11S

- Deltona, FL, USA

Oct 152016

Camry

The contact owns a 2016 Toyota Camry. While driving with the windows down, the vehicle vibrated violently and prevented the contact from using the interior and exterior mirrors. The dealer was aware of the failure, but was unable to repair the vehicle. The manufacturer was not notified. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 5,422.

- Orange Park, FL, USA

May 312016

Camry

The contact owns a 2016 Toyota Camry. The contact stated that the engine burned an excessive amount of oil and emitted a burning odor. Once the engine was started, the contact noticed oil leaking from the engine. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 12,000....updated 09/15/16

- San Fransisco, CA, USA