2016 Toyota Camry engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Toyota Camry:

2016 Toyota Camry Owner Comments

Aug 312016

The contact owned a 2016 Toyota Camry. While driving 30 mph, the accelerator pedal became stuck in the depressed position and the vehicle accelerated to 80 mph. The brake pedal failed to respond and the vehicle crashed into a pole. The air bags deployed. A police report was filed. The contact sustained a fractured sternum that required medical attention. The vehicle was towed and deemed destroyed. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 6,700.

- Northport, NY, USA

Apr 062016

The brake lights do not illuminate when the adaptive cruise is on and the vehicle is slowed by braking maneuvers performed by the adaptive cruise when a car turns into the lane ahead. For example, the car may slow rapidly 10-15mph and no brake lights will turn on. This may increase the risk of a crash as a result of no warning to the car immediately behind me. This was confirmed today by Toyota who investigated and stated (george) the brake lights only come on in the event of an imminent crash (in front), despite the fact that this create a problem for the driver behind.

- Sylvania, OH, USA

Feb 282016

I purchased a new 2016 Camry le from my local Toyota dealership on 02.21.2016. On 02.29.2016, I returned to the dealership with the problems I was facing while driving this car, primarily: Slow-dragging acceleration along with transmission shifting instability. While driving to drop my wife to work on the morning of 02.28.2016 I began noticing inconsistencies in my vehicle's acceleration. As the traffic light (exiting my subdivision) turned green, I pressed the gas pedal and immediately felt hesitation in the acceleration along with stiffness in the steering wheel, giving the car a heavy/dragging feeling (even after attempting to apply extra pressure on the gas pedal). After driving in this sluggish condition for about a quarter-mile, I felt a boost in my car's acceleration, causing a sudden increase in speed forcing me to apply my brakes to regain control of my car's movement. Throughout the remainder of the day I kept experiencing this fluctuation in acceleration (boost/sluggish) with normal driving functions returning periodically. The following day I took my car in to the dealership to be checked. According to the service department, "vehicle is operating as designed"; whereas, the above mentioned complaint is still ongoing. Multiple failed attempts to reach a resolution thru management and customer relations at the dealership thus far have forced me to continue to drive my new car in this condition to be able to fulfill personal/family requirements (as this is the only car I have). This has been causing me a great deal of stress and mental anguish in regards to my number one concern: "safety". not only do I feel unsafe putting my life at risk while driving this car, I also feel uncomfortable risking the safety of my family/passengers and other drivers on the road around me, as this mechanical defect remains persistent and is gradually worsening.

- Houston, TX, USA