CarComplaints.com Notes: The Camry Hybrid's first year is a mixed bag of brake actuators failing and power issues. The hybrid version even shares the same excessive oil consumption as its non-hybrid counterpart. And it hardly gets enough fuel efficiency gains to warrant the extra costs up-front or during repairs.

Toyota seemed to get their act together with later model years, so if you're looking for a used Camry Hybrid I suggest looking there.

9.5

2. replace dashboard (1 reports)
2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid:

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Owner Comments

Nov 022015

Camry Hybrid V6

Beginning of November 2015, I took my Hybrid Camry to Toyota of South Florida, located at Doral Florida, because my dashboard was melting. Christian,Toyota representative, took the service order to request a new dashboard. To date, after several calls, I was told that the dashboard wasn't in yet. Christian said that he didn't know what happened with the order, and that a new order was placed. On 5/16, I placed a complaint directly with Toyota (Incident: 160504-000091) and nothing has been done. Today, I contacted Toyota again . I hope you can assists me regarding this situation. I believe that 11 months wait is more than reasonable time to replace the dashboard. Thanks.

- , Miami, FL, USA

Jul 082013

Camry Hybrid 4 cyl

My dashboard is very shiny and sticky and it gets even worse on hot days. Unfortunately, this causes a horrible shiny glare on the windshield and makes it very hard to see out of. Not to mention it makes the car look awful. I have luckily not been in an accident, yet I have had several close ones. The glare gets so bad that I sometimes can't see other drivers which is really scary. Toyota has had the extended warranty on it and says they will replace it when parts come in. We're going on almost 2 years later and still no parts, this is ridiculous. The dashboard is just getting worse I feel it's only a matter of time before someone gets seriously hurt. Toyota needs to do something ASAP even if they supply dashboard covers for all the customers affected by this until "parts" come in.

- , Roseville, CA, USA

Aug 012014

Camry Hybrid 3.2L

We bought this 2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid a month ago. It is in absolute perfect condition except for a dashboard that melts with a high gloss when the car is outside in the heat. The glare is very bad on the windshield and is definite hazard when driving in sunshine. It is very sticky and cannot be touched without leaving a mark or print. All info on the internet gives no solution to this problem and Toyota is doing nothing about it. I registered a complaint on federal NTSB because of the safety hazard involved. Any solutions appreciated.

- , Spring Hill,, FL, USA

Oct 012010

Camry Hybrid Hybrid

• CVT transmission

Local dealer in Hawaii said deteriorating dashboard is cosmetic and won't fix it under 2000$ extended warranty. Toyota is no longer a quality car manufacturer in my opinion.

- , Kailua, HI, USA